How Much Music Do you Have?
Mar 15, 2008 at 5:24 PM Post #31 of 106
Currently 5363 songs in my collection - 15d 5h:24m:7s - 22.77gb.

It is the same as my dads but tagged up perfectly with album art on almost all tracks. All is MP3/WMA ranging from 96k-~320k and is fine for me, and sounds great on all of my outputs!

Got some more to get from my dads collection and tag up though.

I like it all, and listen to anything.

I sync it to my portables with Media Monkey (Which says i have 8 less songs thank winamp after scanning all my music into it, wierd!) and i play it through my Winamp library either on my desktop (gaming rig) or laptop.

All my music is on a seperate partition on my PC and laptop, i tag up on my laptop with media monkey, then i copy the tagged music to my desktop and add it to Winamps library. I back my pc up occasionally with Drive Image to my external hdd.

I have a bunch of CD's, mainly old MP3 cd's, and some shop bought ones from a few years ago, when i was younger. I have access to my dads cd collection too which isnt frequently used, but is huge, hundreds of CD's.

Also some old vinyl in my dads loft, and a turntable and high end high fi in my room at my dads, along with tv, ps2, vcr and high end dvd player. No turntable downstairs at my dads, just high end kef & pioneer home cinema system.

Matt

Mar 16, 2008 at 4:24 AM Post #33 of 106
Here ya go: 4256 Items of Music ranging anywhere from Screamo all the way to Modern Jazz. (Very few stuff is below 256 MP3. I still swear that I can't hear a difference between MP3 and Lossless. Even directly from CD's.

SS.jpg

OH, and btw, ignore the uTorrent icon in the quick launch
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Mar 16, 2008 at 5:53 AM Post #35 of 106
6559 songs, mostly at 224 kbps VBR. I'm so close to 7000!

picture1qd0.png

Oh, and I can't wait to see Opeth live on May 10th in Calgary! Opeth and Dream Theater in one night is going to blow my f'ing brains into the sky. If the show is anything like the Roundhouse Tapes, I'm going to die very happily

Mar 18, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #36 of 106
In terms of the computer, 9404 songs, 226.09GB (about 7100 tracks are lossless).

This picture shows about half of my CD and LP collection:

gi.mpl

Mar 18, 2008 at 8:42 PM Post #37 of 106
~55 GB, mostly lossless.

But, I think a more interesting question would be, what percentage of your collection do your frequently listen to?

Mar 18, 2008 at 9:50 PM Post #40 of 106
About 350 CDs, 250 records, 40 albums and some singles from iTunes. If I figure 9 songs an album at about 4 minutes average, I get:

640 albums, 5760 songs, 384 hours/16 days.

My collection is still small enough that I can listen to it all on a regular, rotating basis. Just the same, it probably takes me close to a year now to go through the full stack; I rarely pull out an album for one listen. The only albums I basically don't listen to are my iTunes purchases. I love physical media.

Mar 18, 2008 at 10:00 PM Post #41 of 106
Hmmm....

No music stored on my computer. All physical media.

Given that I am in the process of organizing my collection and have filled up an entire Ikea Billy bookcase (and more) with Cantonese pop CDs (including about 100 Cantonese pop SACDs), I am estimating about 800 discs (some of which you can see here). Plus about 300 Cantopop cassettes in 3 Case Logic storage cases.

Then there're about 400 or so English language CDs....another 200 or so English language SACDs....plus about 250 vinyl records....

I'm getting a headache
rolleyes.gif

Mar 19, 2008 at 1:56 AM Post #44 of 106
So much I stopped counting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back