How much money has this 'place' influenced you to spend?
Apr 24, 2003 at 1:52 AM Post #61 of 145
I'm a spending fool. I first got into headphones and audio about a year and half ago. I did a search for headphones, and it took me to a review of the HD 600s with portable Headroom amps. The review was just glowing. I had to have it. I logged on to headroom and found out how to get the HD 600s and a Porta Corda amp and a Clou Blue cable. All together about 430.00. However, I did not think they sounded as good a the review made them sound. So it was off to the races. I really got into audo and built two home stereo systems to go along with my headphone systems. The total amount I have spent on audio in the last year and a half is over 14,000.00. The funny thing is my intention was to only spend about 500 or so on a headphone system.

Apr 24, 2003 at 1:55 AM Post #62 of 145
Kieran Comito

our hats off to you man.....

its just like going to vegas and betting more than what you can handle ..........

but you are happy right?
biggrin.gif

Apr 24, 2003 at 1:56 AM Post #63 of 145
Quote:

Originally posted by RacerX
High end bikes and components can easily surpass the amounts being discussed in this thread. My brother dropped $3200 on a Colnago C40 frame today. He's transferring his Dura Ace gruppo to the new frame.

Man.. even though I really don't go out and ride anymore... you're making me want to go buy my Pinarello Prince right about now.. only about $5k with a complete Record Carbon group..
biggrin.gif

... but I won't.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 24, 2003 at 5:35 AM Post #64 of 145
Too much.

Between here and Headwize, so far...
Portapros, $32
M-Audio Sonica, $50 (used)
Sony V6, $80
Beyer pads, $28

DIY parts...
Rat Shack equalizer parts, $50
cmoy, $15
2x Campbell guitar amp, $30+
Linkwitz crossfeed (not built yet), $15+
META42 (not built yet), $25
those prices are approximate, not including parts I had

Fortunately, with these parts, I should be set for quite a while. I love this setup.

Apr 24, 2003 at 7:44 AM Post #65 of 145
Why you talking record carbon vwap? Just makes me so tempted to leave y'all for that sweet sweet gruppo. My bike is such a dumb hodgepodge. Dura ace front derailleur and record in the rear. I always feel like there's some kind of law I'm breaking with that. I need a shifter upgrade though. I'm still using old school suntour friction shifters. But I'm old school. (I'd have put down tube shifters if I could on my torelli) All my record parts are like 1980s or 70s. I even have super record cranks. And I'm sure 90% of the people here have no idea what I'm talking about. Just thought I'd rant on my bike for a bit. It's still my baby though. And I can still out sprint damn near every one I know.
tongue.gif

Apr 24, 2003 at 7:55 AM Post #66 of 145
Quote:

Originally posted by usc goose
Why you talking record carbon vwap? Just makes me so tempted to leave y'all for that sweet sweet gruppo. My bike is such a dumb hodgepodge. Dura ace front derailleur and record in the rear. I always feel like there's some kind of law I'm breaking with that. I need a shifter upgrade though. I'm still using old school suntour friction shifters. But I'm old school. (I'd have put down tube shifters if I could on my torelli) All my record parts are like 1980s or 70s. I even have super record cranks. And I'm sure 90% of the people here have no idea what I'm talking about. Just thought I'd rant on my bike for a bit. It's still my baby though. And I can still out sprint damn near every one I know.
tongue.gif

Record Carbon on my Pinarello Prince is my dream bike.
smily_headphones1.gif
Either that, or a Litespeed Vortex or Ultimate would be nice, too... But I gotta have the Record Carbon regardless.
smily_headphones1.gif
Suntour Friction Shifters with Dura-Ace and Record parts?.. That's blasphemy!

Anyhow.. yeah,.. that's really the only reason I'm spitting Record Carbon out, though.. since it's really the only thing I really .. really .. covet. (In bikes, anyway.
smily_headphones1.gif
) I've already got a souped up MTB... but I never go MTB riding, so it's time I moved up to a roadbike..
smily_headphones1.gif

[Heh.. oops.. *craaaap*
tongue.gif
]

Apr 24, 2003 at 8:24 AM Post #67 of 145
I don't even know what my dream bike setup would cost. Torelli Nitro Express with ouzo pro fork, campy record, and ksyrium ssc sl. Hmm... that's gotta be at least 5 maybe 6 large.

Or I could get a blockhead.

Good thing I don't have that kind of money or the decision would kill me right?
rolleyes.gif

PS: how the hell did we jack this and turn it into a road bike forum.

PPS: Sell the MTB. Come back to the true way of the bike.

Apr 24, 2003 at 1:55 PM Post #68 of 145
Quote:

Originally posted by usc goose
PS: how the hell did we jack this and turn it into a road bike forum.

PPS: Sell the MTB. Come back to the true way of the bike.

Heh.. Good question..
biggrin.gif

I tried to sell my MTB a while back on eBay.. but it didn't get near what I wanted.. My LBS wants 1/3 for consignment, and while it definately would sell for what I wanted, I wouldn't get near what I wanted...
smily_headphones1.gif
So I'll keep it.. This thing is my preciouusss...
very_evil_smiley.gif

[size=xx-small][Shameless Plug: But if you know anyone looking for a 18" Custom Ti bike with full XTR, King, etc., let me know.
biggrin.gif
][/size]

Apr 24, 2003 at 10:17 PM Post #69 of 145
Well this post is sort of like a confessional. Away of keeping track of the cost of your addiction.

Well so far....
HD580 £25
ER4P £100
ER4S adapter £20
Sostenuto-1 £300
Chiarra amp £300
IC's £70
philips 963SA £330
X-feed £25
A1000 £100
Supermini v5 £100

Grand total £1370 ($2,181.86)

**** thats a lot of money. I was only going to buy the supermini

I really need to stop visiting here.

Wordsworth

Apr 24, 2003 at 11:03 PM Post #71 of 145
Quote:

Originally posted by vwap
Heh.. Good question..
biggrin.gif

I tried to sell my MTB a while back on eBay.. but it didn't get near what I wanted.. My LBS wants 1/3 for consignment, and while it definately would sell for what I wanted, I wouldn't get near what I wanted...
smily_headphones1.gif
So I'll keep it.. This thing is my preciouusss...
very_evil_smiley.gif

[size=xx-small][Shameless Plug: But if you know anyone looking for a 18" Custom Ti bike with full XTR, King, etc., let me know.
biggrin.gif
][/size]

Keep the MTB. It will give you grounding. I've noticed that anybody who hops on a road bike automatically loses all sense of taste or colour coordination
very_evil_smiley.gif
. My "road bike"'s only concession to roadiness is a Profile time trial bar, Hope STI discs and of course STI as well as Hemisphere tyres. The other bits are pure freeride/DJ.

Apr 25, 2003 at 3:32 AM Post #74 of 145
Before I joined Head-fi I owned a portable cd player and some SR-60's. Since then...I've owned or still own...3 pairs of HP-1000's, 1 pair of RS-1's, 2 pairs of Koss KSC 35's, an RA-1, a Melos now fully modded, a CHA47, a CMOY, a META42...Cardas Neutral Refs...Totem Sinews...numerous tubes...oh...and my baby....Shanling CD T-100...modded of course
wink.gif

So lots I'd say. I'm still a student...so that is much of my spending money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back