How much is too much?
Feb 21, 2015 at 11:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

zachawry

500+ Head-Fier
I listen to headphones all the time while working in cafes. I've gradually upgraded to some Sennheiser IE800s, then Westone W60s, both on iPhone, to, now, some insane Double-Helix Cables for the W60's plus an AK120II. 

Here's the thing. With the W60s pumping out incredible sound from the AK and the copper/silver custom balanced cables....I kinda feel like it's too much. The sound is just so pure, so clean, it's definitely distracting and it's almost overpowering. It's hard to describe, but it's almost more than my sensory system is built to take. 

I'm not sure I'm describing this well. Anybody know what I'm talking about? :)

Feb 23, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #3 of 5
I think there is something to the idea that a system is so revealing, so pure, that it kind of overwhelms us. I get that with my home system. Maybe what you need is something less revealing and detailed (?) to take the edge off? I don't know. Only you can make that assessment. But I do think I know what you're talking about.

Aug 27, 2015 at 2:21 AM Post #4 of 5
"It's lonely at the top" kind of feeling?
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 27, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #5 of 5
  I listen to headphones all the time while working in cafes. I've gradually upgraded to some Sennheiser IE800s, then Westone W60s, both on iPhone, to, now, some insane Double-Helix Cables for the W60's plus an AK120II. 

Here's the thing. With the W60s pumping out incredible sound from the AK and the copper/silver custom balanced cables....I kinda feel like it's too much. The sound is just so pure, so clean, it's definitely distracting and it's almost overpowering. It's hard to describe, but it's almost more than my sensory system is built to take. 

I'm not sure I'm describing this well. Anybody know what I'm talking about? :)

Are you trying to say that they are analytical?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back