How much is too much for BNIB D7000
Jun 24, 2019 at 1:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

iNcontroL

New Head-Fier
Title says it all really. I've always loved how the Denon AH-D7000 headphones looked and I heard they sound amazing, but I got into the game far to late to nab a pair. A friend of mine just got a hold of one that's never been opened and he's willing to give it to me for 700 USD.

I've never heard them tho and never had a chance to demo, so I'm a little hesitant on dropping that kind of money on something I can't test or return. Thoughts? I don't want to pass up this chance if they're worth it.

Jun 24, 2019 at 11:28 PM Post #2 of 3
They held their MSRP pretty well and were selling for $650 USD used, but good condition up until about 1 year ago.

Lately that same kind of pair are going for $475 if you're lucky, $550 average.

For a NIB pair, you'd have to figure what that meant to you. You can get a good condition pair every few months on here for about $550. But, time value of money, waiting, not dealing with a friend, shipping risk, etc.

They are good sounding headphones, but in the ~15 years since they came out, a lot of other good headphones did too. At $500, I'd say they were a great deal and competitive with headphones at that price nowadays, unless you're looking for an exact sound signature.

But at $700, I'd have to be dead set on them. You won't be able to resell them for that of they don't live up to your expectations.

What other options do you have if you've got $700 to spend on cans?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back