How much is too many headphones in a collection?
Nov 13, 2014 at 7:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Genjisleeps

100+ Head-Fier
How many headphones do you think is too many in a collection? I have 4 and I'm starting to get to that point of not using the ones, the great ones that started to get me in to that habit of buying audiophile stuff. Do you give the stuff you collect away or let others use them? Looking at other collectors pics I see a slew of collections. How do you use them all?

Nov 13, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #2 of 5
'Use' them all?  I have headphones everywhere and don't use 90% of them. Yes I'm sure I have too many, and too many speakers, amps, etc. It's an illness. 

Nov 13, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #3 of 5
  'Use' them all?  I have headphones everywhere and don't use 90% of them. Yes I'm sure I have too many, and too many speakers, amps, etc. It's an illness. 

haha XD.... yea I'm starting to get there. what do you do with them? is it just sitting there? I'm going to philippines to visit some relatives I don't know. and since they live in philippines I'm pretty sure they are poor. should I give a headphone to them?

Nov 15, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #4 of 5
Ahh this thread gives me a very familiar feeling... 
smile_phones.gif

I'm pretty new here, but I'm coming over from other hobby sites where collecting is pretty much the same. Prices may be a little different from item to item such as shoes, RC vehicles, firearms, photography, cars etc... any good hobby, that has an aspect of collecting in it, can torpedo anyone's wallet if you let it get out of hand. But that's part of the fun, isn't it!

I used to build/collect rc cars,planes, helis for almost 20 years. Some of that stuff (namely the large scale planes and helis) is on par in terms of pricing with some high-end audiophile gear. I suspect that I will need to keep a short leash on my wallet around here too. 

Btw Genjisleeps, I'm sure you're relatives would appreciate it. Or sell a pair on here or ebay, and slip them some cash in an envelope? Everyone likes cash. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back