how much is a mg-head/dt worth
Feb 20, 2005 at 11:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

decesaro

100+ Head-Fier
Im thinking about selling my sound lab tube amp , I bought the amp from a headfi guy about 1.5 years ago and it was used for about the first 6-7 months and has sat ever since . The amp is in great shape ( eccept for the crooked name ). and has the box,paper work and a few sets of tubes , so how much do you think I should ask for it .
Thanks

Feb 23, 2005 at 7:09 PM Post #2 of 6
Try listing it in the For Sale section as an Interest Check (IC). That way you can get a few offers and decide whether or not you want to part with it.

Feb 23, 2005 at 7:13 PM Post #3 of 6
Usually around $200-250 w/ a set of upgraded tubes. Cash +/- depending on phsyical and working condition, as well as MK. (MKIII for example would probably sell for a bit more thaqn a MKI) I sold my old head MKI w/ good tubes for I think $250 or so. Maybe less. That was a few months ago though, so the value of the head may have gone down. (due to new competetion. market, etc)

Feb 23, 2005 at 7:58 PM Post #4 of 6
I just sold my MG Head MK III shipped for $325, with stock tubes. I think that is a fair price considering I hear it can be found new for $350 shipped at best. But of course the Mark III is the latest model and some important changes might have been since the original, I don't know.

Feb 23, 2005 at 8:40 PM Post #5 of 6
The only place I found the Mark III new would have cost about 400 dollars. Thats one of the reason's why I bought it from Asterix. Good seller BTW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back