How much $ has Head-Fi saved you?
Apr 3, 2004 at 11:54 PM Post #16 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by Hirsch
I've probably saved thousands of dollars on Head-Fi purchases over the years. Of course, the big question is: If I've saved that much money, how come I'm broke?
confused.gif

wink.gif

I must be on the same money saving program as you Hirsch.

Apr 3, 2004 at 11:56 PM Post #17 of 43
This is a joke, right?

I suppose without head-fi, I would have skipped more rungs on the ladder and gone straight for something fancy. That way I would have missed out on the fun of all the upgrades!
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 4, 2004 at 12:06 AM Post #19 of 43
If it wasn't for Head-Fi and some great deals I would never have bought at full retail so Head-Fi just made it easier to justify the purchases. So I don’t consider buying a pair of RS-1’s at $500 when I would have never bought them at $695 any real savings.

Mitch

Apr 4, 2004 at 12:30 AM Post #20 of 43
By listening to Head Fi advice I have saved about $80 ( the difference between hd600 and hd580) and an unquantifiable amount by buying a vintage marantz rather than a Pimeta/PPA.

Apr 4, 2004 at 12:45 AM Post #21 of 43
I don't know how much head-fi would've saved me. I went to a meet, found what I liked, went my my way, end of story.
biggrin.gif
No trying a bunch of stuff just to not like it and sell. More importantly it saved me invaluable time.

Apr 4, 2004 at 1:21 AM Post #22 of 43
Well despite the fact that headfi brought me into this money-devouring hobby, as far as finding great deals on amps, sources, and cans, I'd say that I have saved well over $300!

That is of course if i had already been invovled in headphones...

If i had never discovered this community and was still using my sony pcdp and stock phones, this place saved me...roughly NEGATIVE $1000!!!

...and thats not including the upgrades i have planned...
frown.gif

Apr 4, 2004 at 1:36 AM Post #24 of 43
Nothing at all. In fact, I am worse off since I found this site. However, I am begining to see the light again, and slowly selling off everything I have except for one eac (source, amp, cans). Then I can go back to my former addicting expensive habit........photography!
eek.gif

Apr 4, 2004 at 3:00 AM Post #25 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
I'm with the 'is this a joke' squad.

Head-Fi save me money?
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA
(breath)
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

Ditto. I joined along with Hirsch on the go for broke squad, and as such I'm broke with all the recent pruchases.

Apr 4, 2004 at 6:36 AM Post #27 of 43
Well, I guess it depends on your definition of saving money.

I spent a lot, so I saved alot, but overall, the amount of money is a lot higher than if I never found this forum.

I saved a couple hundred at Headroom because of membership here. I've bought alot of stuff at Headroom.

-Ed

Apr 4, 2004 at 4:34 PM Post #30 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by ServinginEcuador
Ditto. I joined along with Hirsch on the go for broke squad, and as such I'm broke with all the recent pruchases.

me too
biggrin.gif
but, what the heck
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back