How much does Amazon.com charge for shipping in Canada?
Jun 3, 2008 at 1:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

papomaster

500+ Head-Fier
Hey all!

I'm considering the idea of buying some Ety Er-4s on Amazon.com, for 170 USD. However, I will surely get some shipping charges when they drop them at my house (which should go around 30-35CDN). How much would Amazon.com charge for shipping to Canada?

Jun 3, 2008 at 1:19 AM Post #2 of 6
Well, I bought an australian import cd from amazon.com, and they charged $9.98 USD for Expedited International Shipping to Ontario. The regular shipping was around $6.

Best way? Add to cart, and get to the point were it tells you exactly
wink.gif
. Just be ready to get dinged by customs, because in my case the total was less than the $20 threshold amount.

Jun 3, 2008 at 2:54 AM Post #3 of 6
I didn't think that you could buy electronics off Amazon if you didn't have a shipping address in the States... When I bought my mp3 player from there, I had to ship it to a friend in Arizona, who then shipped it to me.

Jun 12, 2008 at 11:48 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by frozenice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here is the answer:

Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S.

He's right, furthermore i don't think Amazon Canada carries any electronics

Jun 13, 2008 at 6:21 AM Post #6 of 6
Any item shipped to Canada by Amazon.com, I would avoid doing so.
First, the shipping charges are inflated. No joke.
Second, MASS TAX. TAX TAX TAX.

I remember I bought some Etys from somewhere in the US.
Had to deal with UPS and was NOT pleasant, dishing out $100 charges for something that cost $250.

And USPS would not change much either, although the fees would not be as expensive.

I suggest just contacting someone within the US in the forums to buy them for you and ship it to them. Someone with loads of feedback just to make sure you're safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back