How much better is the Ultrasone Signature Pro????
Oct 14, 2013 at 6:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

opponentmule2

WARNING! DO NOT TRADE! FEEDBACK IS FROM A DUPLICATE ACCOUNT!
IP Address matches arachon101, Holy8414171
Compared to let's say a Shure 940 or ATH M50.

I know the Ultrasone is at least 6 times more expensive than either of those even used... But, by how much is the ultrasone better?

I heard mixed reviews about the Ultrasone, some say it's one of the best closed back headphones, but it's only 1/2 the price of a TH900 on the used market. It is worth picking up?

How much of a upgrade it is to a ATH M50 or one of the lower end sealed headphones?

Oct 14, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #3 of 8
I had them for a month. Good phones, very balanced sound. I can't compare to the two you listed but I'm sure they are better. No bass monsters but decent at it with amping. I had issues with ear pad comfort and ended up trading for my Denon D7000, which I like much more in every way.

Oct 14, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #4 of 8
Hmm, besides the comfort problem, which one would you say sound better? Also, which one leaks more? Isolation?

Also, how would you compare the sound to a lower end let's say a M100 headphones? It is just massively better, or it is just a slight distinction 

Oct 14, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #5 of 8
Is your first question comparing to the D7000? If so, no contest, the Denon is to me the best sound signature there is, and it's bass makes it perfect. The Sig Pro isolates better than the Denons for sure.

M-100, now with the XL pads, I also prefer over the Sig Pro. Great bass and comfort puts it slightly over the Sig Pro. Can you tell bass is important to me?

Honestly, I like both the Edition 8 and the Pro900 better than the Sig Pro. The Pr900 is the best bass of any headphone I have heard, even the Denons. Mind blowing quality.

Oct 14, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #6 of 8
Hehe, sounds like you're quite the basshead. Maybe try some LCD 2? I heard they've amazing bass extension, and they're planar hehe 

Oct 20, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #8 of 8
Can't help with the phones you mention but I love the sig pro. I also have LCD2 and if I'm at home I'll choose the LCD2 9 times out of 10 but I bought the sig pro as a portable headphone and it's exceeded my expectations. The isolation is not on a par with CIEMs but the sound quality is very good across the frequency range and brass, for example, is impressive.

The headphones fold to a reasonable size and I don't find them uncomfortable at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back