How much better is a Hornet vs. a GoVibe?
Jan 1, 2007 at 10:19 AM Post #16 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe....
1. In respect of its manufacturer Ray Samuels, which is a faithful Head-Fi member?

Respect?....

LOL
there is none of that these days, atleast with some people there is not.

of course I respect him (to say the least) but I will be more then happy to clone the hornet for anyone wanting one..
it will be all black and have "bhd812"written on the case in super high-tech Sharpie "silver" marker. if anyone is interested there maybe a few day wait on the shipping, you see I have to make sure my supplier in Skokie can get me the product to sell first...
also I can sell two different versions, one with a silver case and a black Sharpie marker writing "w" in front of the hornet logo..or the black with the silver sharpie making the "R" in hornet an "E"

yelp its a plan...

Jan 1, 2007 at 10:31 AM Post #17 of 34
Basically it's a budget question. Afford a Hornet. Buy a Hornet. Yeah I love my Hornet M. I also have an older Go-VibeV3. Well built. It has a distant, opaque quality to it's sound. Also won't drive many of the more popular phones. The Hornet does. Tax refunds are around the corner. Hold of a bit. It's worth a wait.

Jan 1, 2007 at 4:38 PM Post #18 of 34
How I can tell the key difference(s) from original with the M-Hornet versions from the look? If you have a picture comparison that would be awesome. I wonder if Ray is currently carrying only the newest model?

Sorry for the sidetrack question.

Jan 1, 2007 at 4:40 PM Post #19 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Respect?....

LOL
there is none of that these days, atleast with some people there is not.

of course I respect him (to say the least) but I will be more then happy to clone the hornet for anyone wanting one..
it will be all black and have "bhd812"written on the case in super high-tech Sharpie "silver" marker. if anyone is interested there maybe a few day wait on the shipping, you see I have to make sure my supplier in Skokie can get me the product to sell first...
also I can sell two different versions, one with a silver case and a black Sharpie marker writing "w" in front of the hornet logo..or the black with the silver sharpie making the "R" in hornet an "E"

yelp its a plan...

Billy,

That really made me laugh!
etysmile.gif
Good to see there are people with very similar thoughts as mine to knock offs of any product catagory.

Jan 1, 2007 at 5:26 PM Post #20 of 34
If this is about an amp for ER4P, why are we not talking about the Tomahawk instead of the Hornet?
I am not really taking part in the discussion 'cause I never heard either, but I couldn't help wondering.
icon10.gif

Jan 1, 2007 at 5:36 PM Post #21 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by tincup /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How I can tell the key difference(s) from original with the M-Hornet versions from the look? If you have a picture comparison that would be awesome. I wonder if Ray is currently carrying only the newest model?

The only Hornet you can get from Ray is the 'M' Hornet. I think everyone should just refer to the 'M' Hornet as the regular Hornet and make up a name for the old Hornet. Every thread about the Hornet has at least one question about what an 'M' Hornet is, where to get it, what the difference with the 'stock' Hornet is... A Hornet is a Hornet, except if you are one of the few who have the older Hornets.

Jan 1, 2007 at 6:05 PM Post #22 of 34
Quote:

The serial # on all the "M" moded Hornets & the current manufactured "M" Hornets, on both the PC Brd & the back battery panel, ends up with letter "M"
If the serial # is not followed by letter "M" then it is one of the very early released stock Hornets.
Thanks.
Ray Samuels

Jan 1, 2007 at 6:19 PM Post #23 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kees /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If this is about an amp for ER4P, why are we not talking about the Tomahawk instead of the Hornet?
I am not really taking part in the discussion 'cause I never heard either, but I couldn't help wondering.
icon10.gif

Ive seen some of the postings on the tomahawk, but couldnt find it on rays web page. What IS the difference between the two?

Jan 1, 2007 at 7:15 PM Post #24 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...marroyo has, however, heard the M-Hornet thoroughly optimized and as is fitting for our diversity here, he doesn't feel the M-Hornet is "better enough" to warrant the much higher cost. My personal preferences dictate that it is worth it...

Ok, we need to go back to what the original poster stated. As I understood he expected the Hornet to have a better sound than the Go-Vibe (which I agree with). The OP also said that although he could go to $300 or so he rather save some money. With those guidelines in context is why I said and repeat that IMO although the Hornet is better the OP would be better served with the Go-Vibe 5.

Now if price is no object and the OP is willing to buy the best (which does not exists since we all hear differently) he can modify his post and we can then provide addotional input since IMO there are similar or better out there.

Jan 1, 2007 at 10:45 PM Post #25 of 34
So...that's the main reason nobody has made a clone is out of respect? I'm VERY surprised nobody has done it yet...commendable I guess.

I'm sure somebody has one. Thing is, people will say it sounds different (when it probably really doesn't) because of a different PCB board, wire used, etc...

Jan 1, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #26 of 34
I am confused because everyone talks about the hornet, but RSA also makes another amp of about the same size, the SR-71 (I can't actually find the dimensions on the RSA Web site). How does that fit in? How does it compare/contrast to the Hornet M?

Jan 1, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #27 of 34
Sorry. Duplicate post.

Jan 2, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #28 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, we need to go back to what the original poster stated. As I understood he expected the Hornet to have a better sound than the Go-Vibe (which I agree with). The OP also said that although he could go to $300 or so he rather save some money. With those guidelines in context is why I said and repeat that IMO although the Hornet is better the OP would be better served with the Go-Vibe 5.

Now if price is no object and the OP is willing to buy the best (which does not exists since we all hear differently) he can modify his post and we can then provide addotional input since IMO there are similar or better out there.

Understood that OP would prefer to "save a few $$ if the GoVibe gets me close." I personally don't feel it comes close, but that's just my opinion and I know there are those who feel differently. I've already said I feel the GV5 is far better than its price would suggest. I just find the Hornet to be significantly more enjoyable.

Jan 2, 2007 at 8:51 PM Post #29 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've already said I feel the GV5 is far better than its price would suggest.

This somehow answers my previous question. It's useful for me to know that we have such different sonic perceptions (as I had largely suspected, anyway).

Jan 2, 2007 at 10:49 PM Post #30 of 34
Quote:

The M Mod version of hornet i had had the letter M after the serial number : So 9###M .. That is how u know it is a M Mod. Also it is on the circuit board. I believe you have to request the M Mod. I just got mine last week and i asked for the M Mod

Users who are viewing this thread

Back