How much better are......
Sep 2, 2011 at 2:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

freedom11b

Head-Fier
I made another thread similiar but didnt throw in my other pair of headphones

i own Sennheiser HD212s and Skullcandy crushers.

http://www.amazon.com/Skullcandy-SCS-SCBP3-5-Skullcrushers-Subwoofer-Headphones/dp/B000OYFOVM

ive been content, until malveaux convinced me in about 2 post to buy the Denons 2000. So i bought them for 219.99 which i must add are now 340 on the website... weird.

How much of a improvement of quality/sound/bass am i going to be experiencing? is it going to be life altering or eh. little more bass n treble

opinions./pros/cons of your experiences

Sep 2, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #2 of 15
Denon 2000 retail at $350, so I don't know where you're getting the deal at but $220 would be sweet.

Your headphones are horrid. Sound, quality and bass is horrid.

Anything over the $50 will give you major doubts of your old purchases.

Anything over the $100 range will make you never turn back to your old headphones

Anything over the $200 range will make you question the use of $100 cans

Anything over the $300 range will make you question if $200 and $100 cans are better.

Problem is, is that when you buy a expensive headphone; the headphones try to perform and do much more then you wish. At the under $200 level, each headphone has more life to it. But that's just me.

If you don't want to spend too much, ATH-M50's would be a great choice. Paired to a FiiO E6 (when ever they feel like releasing it) the sound and bass will be great.

Sep 2, 2011 at 3:16 PM Post #3 of 15
Buy.com had them for 230 with 15 off coupon 2 nights ago. thats where i bought mine. im SOO excited I just want them to hurry and arrive.. the tracking info has no information on it.. so hopefully they are in transit to alaska.

Sep 2, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #4 of 15

Quote:
Buy.com had them for 230 with 15 off coupon 2 nights ago. thats where i bought mine. im SOO excited I just want them to hurry and arrive.. the tracking info has no information on it.. so hopefully they are in transit to alaska.

Oh, you already bought them

They should be good. But I find that malveuax probably forgot to tell you that you might need to get a DAC to have the best audio pumping to them.

Just a thought, but a FiiO E7 would work well if you're interest. The Denon don't need a amp, but a DAC will help with your digital source. If you have a digital source.

Sep 2, 2011 at 3:23 PM Post #5 of 15
Yeah i bought them the second he gave me link. i was easily persuaded lol.

this is what i will be using

HP touchpad- dre audio chip in it or whatever. wolfson
Zune HD
Laptop samsung rc512-s02 a 1100 laptop, probably makes no difference.
and my electric violin. but that wont require anything special. i know this because i used the regular headphones just fine with it.

Will i need one for those above?

Im online found the  FiiO E7 for $87, is that the price range in general? or are there deals to be had.

OH btw. i see that theres a FiiO E9 for 10-20 $ more. is it worth it? will it be as portable as the 7?... should i upgrade or no?

Sep 2, 2011 at 3:41 PM Post #7 of 15

Quote:
Yeah i bought them the second he gave me link. i was easily persuaded lol.

this is what i will be using

HP touchpad- dre audio chip in it or whatever. wolfson
Zune HD
Laptop samsung rc512-s02 a 1100 laptop, probably makes no difference.
and my electric violin. but that wont require anything special. i know this because i used the regular headphones just fine with it.

Will i need one for those above?

Im online found the  FiiO E7 for $87, is that the price range in general? or are there deals to be had.

OH btw. i see that theres a FiiO E9 for 10-20 $ more. is it worth it? will it be as portable as the 7?... should i upgrade or no?

me and malveuax mostly hit the help needed posts so we know the top cans to reccommend

The Denon 2000 are considered more balanced cans, but show the bass off more and will give great overall audio.

The FiiO E7 is more of a DAC then a Amp. Portable
The FiiO E9 is more of a Amp then a DAC. Home use only

Those two actually go together. But the E7 is good to buy by itself then later or at the same time you can get the E9.

A DAC is needed to convert digital audio which can cause sonic problems in the headphone. The Denon are just a little finicky when it comes to this, but it's not a big deal. The Denon run easily off of anything without a amp. So a amp isn't needed one bit. That's why a FiiO E7 makes a good little companion to them.

And I hated changing over to the violin to the electric, so much problems. ugh....

If you have the money and aren't afraid of throwing a little bit more at your headphones. The FiiO E7+E9 combo would be really nice. If not, you can skip it or wait off

Sep 2, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #8 of 15
If you're ordering this for your D2000 as a portable amp you won't really need it. They're very sensitive and have a low impedance.

What are you going to use these headphones with?

Sep 2, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #9 of 15
i know.. i did to.. but my aunt gave me her silent violin SV-255 sooo exspensive. and it was music to my ears. literally. even through my crappy little amp. i prefer headphones so i dont bother others.

realquesiton is

e7+headphones > headphones alone= right? if so. im going to buy it anyway. + it looks pretty snazzy.

Sep 2, 2011 at 3:48 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:
e7+headphones > headphones alone= right? if so. im going to buy it anyway. + it looks pretty snazzy.

No, not necessarily. You might like it more, but that won't mean it's actually performing any better. Placebo is powerful when it comes to amplifiers, when everyone on an audiophile forum tells you that you need one. You don't. But buy it if it makes you feel better, it's a good product and will help drive any headphones you get in the future.

Sep 2, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #12 of 15
kk. i'll hold off til il step it up. these should be good for afew years for me though. im so stoked. ive been using these headphones for like 3 years?and i thought they were impressive. D: never heard anything else

Sep 2, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #13 of 15

Quote:
i know.. i did to.. but my aunt gave me her silent violin SV-255 sooo exspensive. and it was music to my ears. literally. even through my crappy little amp. i prefer headphones so i dont bother others.

realquesiton is

The E7 would make some uncompressed music sound better through the Denon. But it's not needed.

A DAC make a small difference, but keeps a big bug off your face when you're listening. A amp isn't needed one bit, but the E9 does pair directly to the E7 and wouldn't be a bad little option for a home use.

It's not totally needed, but the E7 would give you a little better sound.

Those things are expensive too. I got a $600 one sitting in my closet at the moment. But man, versus regulars, they are like a totally different world. - violins, not amps.

Sep 2, 2011 at 3:54 PM Post #14 of 15
If the headphones sound a lot worse out of one of your sources, it's a bad source and you should get the E7. If they all sound as good as one another, no one is so bad that a separate DAC and amp is necessary at this point. I can't find any information on the HP Touchpad's audio. The Zune HD should be fine, though.

Keep any Beats Audio processing crap off when you use that touchpad. I saw a post some time ago that suggested all it does is mess with the treble and bass balance to make it sound better then messes with it more when it's off to make it sound worse.

Sep 2, 2011 at 4:24 PM Post #15 of 15
yep... mine sells for 1600 on ebay. i was offered 1200 once for it. but i wont sell it, took way to long to transition from 4 string to 5 string, and because of that fact alone i'll never get rid of it.
fun though none the less

Users who are viewing this thread

Back