How much are your "perfect" headphones?
Dec 23, 2011 at 1:58 AM Post #31 of 38

Quote:
$7.11
ksc75smile.gif

DEEESNUTS?

(great name btw)

Dec 23, 2011 at 4:04 AM Post #32 of 38
It may not be the absolutely perfect headphone for me, but out of everything I've experienced, the vintage, Normal bias Stax SR-Lambda comes damn close with its sound delivery and sheer comfort. The more modern SR-202 actually sounds a bit unrefined by comparison, and I don't think replacing the SRM-212 with a beefier amp is going to change that. It certainly won't change the higher clamping force the Nova-style headband/arc has over the vintage original series headband/arc.

Unfortunately, I don't feel like I can easily vote on the poll, simply because the SR-Lambda is vintage and discontinued, thus pricing depends entirely on what the used market is like at the moment for that specific model.

Dec 23, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #34 of 38

Quote:
I've tried some of other peoples modded variants including woodied ones (except the real thunderpants) and I can tell you they aren't that impressive.  Sure for the price you pay they sound good but no where near as good as the HE-500.  I could be wrong for the properly modded ones.

I mean the old ones.

Ironically, it's been much harder trying to find a "perfect" IEM. Everything I have pales in comparison to even my Realistic Pro 50.

Dec 24, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #35 of 38
The A900x for me, it just came in today, and I am loving the great balance. Not fatiguing in the least, unless I play more than 4 hours or more. It has a nice thin-like sound, where you can hear everything so nice and clear. I never had this kind of hearing of headphone before, and makes me think there's already a better one! =P I'll stay with this headphone/rig for now. Cost 313 dollars with shipping.

Dec 24, 2011 at 1:39 AM Post #37 of 38
Wonder how many of you used the MSRP (Manufacturer's suggested retail price) or the price you paid in the vote, rather than the price that someone would have to pay to buy the 'phones now (current average retail price).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back