how much are the grado sr80's in canadian dollars?
Dec 14, 2004 at 2:45 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skipinder
I'm not sure where in Canada you live, but you can get them from audioshop
( http://www.audioshop.on.ca/grado.htm ) for 170 plus shipping and tax. If you live in Ottawa, you could probably get a better deal if you talked to them in person.

The problem is $170-$180 plus taxe is pretty much normal for canadian prices that like 50% increase over american price.

Disclaimer: I haven't deal with the next compagny so I don't know about their service it may be the good I just don't know.

While I was browsing the net I came on www.A4audio.com which sell mosly CD but have the Grado at US price in US dollar but they are located in Richmond Hill,ON so you don't have to deal with duty and such
$93 USD for SR-80 =$114 sure beat $170-180 that you usualy find here.
Go to the menu and browse by brand to grado it's on the last pages (or pages 3 if you want higer-end grado)

Dec 14, 2004 at 4:08 AM Post #7 of 12
That's why the Alessandros seem like such a good deal, especially with the stronger (at least until the last few days) Canadian dollar. $99 USD including shipping, customs and tax if you're unlucky. That was at least part of my reasoning in taking my first "Grado" plunge.

Dec 14, 2004 at 4:10 AM Post #8 of 12
including shipping TO CANADA?
eek.gif

that would be such a great deal!

Dec 14, 2004 at 4:47 AM Post #10 of 12
How do you come up with the name like audioshop and a4audio. I google search it, I cann't find any music store that carries Grado/Shure in Vancouver area, Hi-Fi centre is told by a forum member here. I find headphones are ridiculously expensive here in Canada. If you are really good at searching, can you find other stores that carry Grado/Shure in Vancouver area? A store I can actually visit.

Here was my rant

Dec 14, 2004 at 5:13 AM Post #12 of 12
Is it really that expensive in canada for grado headphones????

Here in the it's just as worse. And the prices are fixed so no one can give you a discount.

I love grado's, I love the sound but as for the economics they can suck my balls.
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back