How Many USD is Your Weekly Food Budget?
Jul 26, 2005 at 11:04 PM Post #16 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by MuZI
$200-300 per week for myself alone.

I have 2 extra refridgerators in the garage for everything. 5 meals a day.

3,200cal Diet.
If you're wondering why, look at my signature.

Thats my man. Nice to see your log. Some simple multiplication leads us to learning that Muzi spends anywhere from $10,000 - $15,000 per year on food! Crazy, but its your hobby as well so that makes up some of the extra expendature. Just think of how much it is costing to maintain peak physical condition and how much it takes to feed a human being with the most basic neutritional diat available just to keep said person healthy and alive, a big diffirence, even pushing ourselves to peak physical condition has become something of an overindulgance in developed countrys...amazing.

Jul 26, 2005 at 11:08 PM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by jefemeister
I live alone and spend around $300 a month in groceries and another $35 give or take a week on lunches (I go out all the time for lunch.) I don't eat breakfast save an occasional Pop-Tart, shop at a decent but not fancy grocery store, and eat relatively healthy. I cook entire balanced meals more or less from scratch. I don't buy exclusively fancy gourmet stuff but I do on occasion. I hardly ever buy store brand food though--my mom didn't, so I won't either. I make a decent living and I always told myself the two things I would never skimp on are food and heating/air-conditioning as desired. Hope it helps.

edit: my grocery bill estimate includes household items like soap, detergent, lightbulbs, etc.

When I was living on my own I was spending around $400 per month, but that included breakfast and lunch. I probably wasn't eating quite as healthy though. If you want healthier food, $500/mth should cover it. That includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner, along with the miscellaneous items like soap and stuff.

Jul 27, 2005 at 3:48 AM Post #18 of 25
3 in my family.......about $165 to $190/week. Everything is so freak'in expensive in Maine!

Jul 27, 2005 at 3:51 AM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceman
3 in my family.......about $165 to $190/week. Everything is so freak'in expensive in Maine!

Holy crap. I need to rein in my eating budget.

My wife and I eat out too much. Our budget easily exceeds $200/week.

Sushi usually kills the budget each week. I am weak.......

-Ed

Jul 27, 2005 at 3:56 AM Post #20 of 25
Who knows?

I eat when hungry and don't when not.

Don't normally stock food in the refridgerator.

For some reason there were 2 carrots in the fridge for a few weeks. I set them free. Now it's empty. I should unplug it and save some elecrticity.

Mitch

Jul 27, 2005 at 4:21 AM Post #21 of 25
I've no idea, actually. I live alone, and to tell you the truth, I haven't really done a real grocery shopping in over a year now. Aside from weekends, and sometimes even during weekends, I'm mostly at work, and if/when I'm home, I'm usually either listening to my rig/browsing Head-Fi or sleeping.

Jul 27, 2005 at 5:53 AM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Holy crap. I need to rein in my eating budget.

My wife and I eat out too much. Our budget easily exceeds $200/week.

Sushi usually kills the budget each week. I am weak.......

-Ed

This doesn't include eating out
eek.gif

Jul 27, 2005 at 2:12 PM Post #23 of 25
I'm living single; lunch at the office is some 3,90 Euro max. per day (or even less, when I bring some of these microwave packs and prepare these myself), and then I usually leave some 20 Euro per week at the local Penny or Extra supermarket for the usual mix of food (plus juice, milk, tea...) and some extras (Toothpaste, shampoo, toilet paper...). In addition, I might pay some 30 Euro per week for home delivery - or a bit less, when I rather feel like going to Burger King or Subway. I used to spend much more, when I ate out for almost every dinner and/or ordered home delivery stuff more regularly, but that get's boring over time...

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

P.S.: And at the moment I probably need even less, 'cause Montezuma doesn't seem to like me lately... *sigh*

Jul 27, 2005 at 10:08 PM Post #24 of 25
I've only been shopping for myself again about a month now, so I'm still trying to work out a budget. It's looking like somewhere around $50 a week (give or take) for groceries and then an extra $20 or so spent on lunches at work. So I'd say $75 a week is probably close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back