How many untouched stock-headphones do you have?
Jun 12, 2009 at 11:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

RAFA

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi

2 hours before I bought a new Fuze
biggrin.gif
. When I unboxed it and test heard it (sounds very good), I recognized that I did not touch the stock headphones in the box.

Then I thought about it and recognized that I already have 4 untouched headphones at home. They are condemned to be forever in my drawer and music will never run through them
evil_smiley.gif
!

How about you?

Jun 12, 2009 at 11:46 AM Post #2 of 20
Well, I voted 3 then did some adding up. It's more like 4 or 5. Three iRivers (two badged Sennheiser), Apple buds and I think a Sansa pair. They sit around, muttering darkly. I should throw em out but I keep thiking maybe some kid or neighbour could use them one day....

Jun 12, 2009 at 12:01 PM Post #4 of 20
Cool

Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I voted 3 then did some adding up. It's more like 4 or 5. Three iRivers (two badged Sennheiser), Apple buds and I think a Sansa pair. They sit around, muttering darkly. I should throw em out but I keep thiking maybe some kid or neighbour could use them one day....

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldux /img/forum/go_quote.gif
atm 1 pair from SE phone.
stock earphones fall under the category of give away freebies.
tongue.gif

Wow that is very social from you, giving them away for free to needy people
beyersmile.png

Jun 17, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #5 of 20
Open new DAP package.
Throw out stocks.*

*-Except the Zune's. They're actually quite good.

Jun 17, 2009 at 10:10 AM Post #6 of 20
I do not have the heart to throw away any headphones. I even keep broken ones. My e2c ar broken, one side is not working.

However, the best stock in - ears i had, were the ep-830 from creative. They came with the creative zen x-fi. I gave it to my sister.

Jun 17, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAFA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do not have the heart to throw away any headphones. I even keep broken ones.

x2. I have like 3 broken pairs that I will fix one day!

I have 3 pairs of stocks. The EX082 were very good though.

Jun 17, 2009 at 5:04 PM Post #9 of 20
I still have my iPod Classic stock phones which I listened to for over a year prior to getting my Klipsch and Shure phones. I put them on the other day and have absolutely no idea how I listened to them for as long as I did
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 17, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #10 of 20
Quite sure I have two pair of untouched Apple iBuds

Jun 17, 2009 at 9:50 PM Post #11 of 20
Although i have 2 iPods, I do not have any ibuds at home. I bought them second hand. Nobody sells you any stock cable or headphone with a second hand iPod. Except head-fiers maybe, but not ordinary mortals from a second hand bazar.

By the way often you can find there cheap things with potential, like a 40$ ipod video 30gb with broken screen.

@Bina: check your signature
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 17, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #12 of 20
Actually, wouldn't it be a good idea to practice recabling on stocks?

Jun 17, 2009 at 10:30 PM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, wouldn't it be a good idea to practice recabling on stocks?

Nice idea, but I think through the cheap construction of stock headphones, it is in most cases not possible to open them. Reason is that they have welded together plastic housings(ibuds). If you accomplish to open them next problem is to put them together again.

Jun 17, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAFA /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice idea, but I think through the cheap construction of stock headphones, it is in most cases not possible to open them. Reason is that they have welded together plastic housings(ibuds). If you accomplish to open them next problem is to put them together again.

Mostly just for soldering practice. I wouldn't waste good wire on them, I'd remove it immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back