How Many Times Have Your LCD3 Headphones Been Returned to Audeze for Servicing (RMA)?
Sep 9, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #166 of 560
  Update: I received my repaired unit a few days ago and took it back home. Now I am getting so paranoid in using them because I have this notion that it might just die again on me anytime. I just keep them inside the case and once a while I use them just to see if they are still working. 

Yesterday I decided to just sell my unit and won't be looking at any audeze products anytime soon. I just can't stomach the fact that I paid a large amount for a pair of headphones that I expect to last me at least a decade and it already died on me twice within 4 months. Repairs took me 3-4 weeks worth of wait and when my unit came back it was like left out in the open in the warehouse! It was dirty and I can see some scuffs on the headband hinges. I can see a moderate amount of dirty of the foam on each earcups too. I treat my gear with utmost care and I really like them looking super mint and this is a really big deal for me.

Another reason is I have sent 3 emails to audeze regarding my issues and not a single reply! Way to go aftersales =/

So you made them aware of the issues with dirt being on them?

Sep 9, 2015 at 7:21 AM Post #167 of 560
Not yet, my emails regarding the driver issues etc was before i received the unit. Didn't Bother emailing them after that since they don't respond. But I won't be dealing with audeze anymore after this, maybe in a few years.... Just maybe.

Sep 9, 2015 at 8:31 AM Post #168 of 560
Not yet, my emails regarding the driver issues etc was before i received the unit. Didn't Bother emailing them after that since they don't respond. But I won't be dealing with audeze anymore after this, maybe in a few years.... Just maybe.

I understand your choice but if you can be bothered I'd email regarding the condition they were returned in, whether you think you will get a reply or not.

I am requesting that you do this for the rest of our sake and yours.

Again - I can completely understand why you wouldn't - I just think they should be made aware of everything, and it's because of reasons like that, they have  now lost a customer in you, which is quite sad to hear.

Ultimately, if you hear that they have improved their ways in the future you might be more inclined to buy one of their newer headphones - and emails like yours increase the likelihood of this happening.

Sep 9, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #169 of 560
  Update: I received my repaired unit a few days ago and took it back home. Now I am getting so paranoid in using them because I have this notion that it might just die again on me anytime. I just keep them inside the case and once a while I use them just to see if they are still working. 

Yesterday I decided to just sell my unit and won't be looking at any audeze products anytime soon. I just can't stomach the fact that I paid a large amount for a pair of headphones that I expect to last me at least a decade and it already died on me twice within 4 months. Repairs took me 3-4 weeks worth of wait and when my unit came back it was like left out in the open in the warehouse! It was dirty and I can see some scuffs on the headband hinges. I can see a moderate amount of dirty of the foam on each earcups too. I treat my gear with utmost care and I really like them looking super mint and this is a really big deal for me.

Another reason is I have sent 3 emails to audeze regarding my issues and not a single reply! Way to go aftersales =/

That really sucks dude. sigh, but I know the feeling of fear of listening to your headphones, its definitely not a feeling you want to have having spent $2000 on a headphones. Your other comments about dirty headphone is very disturbing, I have not experienced that personally.

Currently I have an Abyss which I'm thoroughly enjoying, but its not the most comfortable headphone in the world, so I have an HE1000 arriving on Thursday. After comparing both ill see if I'm selling one, or keeping both.

Sep 14, 2015 at 5:03 AM Post #170 of 560
Well.... I don't have the LCD3 but...

I recently had my bamboo LCD2 purchased in late 2013 sent off for repair under warranty. The right side driver died in use. When it was in use, I heard a small decrease in volume and a small pop. That was it, lights out!. The total turn around time took about 3 weeks and it came back with a free fazer upgrade.

When they came back to me the headphone was in a pretty bad shape. There were multiple nicks and chips in the gloss finish all around the headphone. If anything, what shocked me the most was a 1/2 inch hairline crack in the Y pivot joint on the left ear cup. It looked like someone over stressed the ear cup in repair. The anti rotate pin pressed too hard in the slot and split the bamboo!!! To say the least, my personal experience with Audeze has been frustrating.

Sep 14, 2015 at 9:03 AM Post #171 of 560
I don't mean to be rude, but what the hell is going on over at Audeze......sigh.

I currently have my HE1000 and Abyss and thoroughly enjoying both.​ I'll probably sell one once I give them a month or so for comparison.

I want to own an Audeze HP again at some point, but been bitten once too many times, ill be watching from over the ledge until things are actually reliable.

Sep 14, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #172 of 560

I recently had my bamboo LCD2 purchased in late 2013 sent off for repair under warranty. The right side driver died in use. When it was in use, I heard a small decrease in volume and a small pop. That was it, lights out!. The total turn around time took about 3 weeks and it came back with a free fazer upgrade.

When they came back to me the headphone was in a pretty bad shape. There were multiple nicks and chips in the gloss finish all around the headphone. If anything, what shocked me the most was a 1/2 inch hairline crack in the Y pivot joint on the left ear cup. It looked like someone over stressed the ear cup in repair. The anti rotate pin pressed too hard in the slot and split the bamboo!!! To say the least, my personal experience with Audeze has been frustrating.

Sorry to hear about that. Did you contact them about your concerns regarding the condition of the HP's upon return? If so how did they respond? Cheers

Sep 14, 2015 at 11:55 AM Post #173 of 560
 Sorry to hear about that. Did you contact them about your concerns regarding the condition of the HP's upon return? If so how did they respond? Cheers

It has been a bit over 2 weeks and I have not received a response. On the bright side, it's not falling apart, nor is the crack expanding. In addition, I just realized two of the four screws holding the grills are cross threaded, and I can see multiple tool marks inside the ear cup. On the left driver I can see a 1inch unsmooth defect on the surface. While I don't hear any difference per say, it's something to take note of. Since they sound just fine, I will likely live with the current condition of the headphone. The cost and time to make a return is not worth pursing at this rate.

Sep 14, 2015 at 12:45 PM Post #174 of 560
  I don't mean to be rude, but what the hell is going on over at Audeze......sigh.

I currently have my HE1000 and Abyss and thoroughly enjoying both.​ I'll probably sell one once I give them a month or so for comparison.

I want to own an Audeze HP again at some point, but been bitten once too many times, ill be watching from over the ledge until things are actually reliable.

They have gone through a lot of changes on the support team.  Audeze really needs to get it together before all the good will they have generated previously evaporates due to the issues being reported.  Failures are bad enough, but poor repair jobs are another level of issue.

Sep 14, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #175 of 560

They have gone through a lot of changes on the support team.  Audeze really needs to get it together before all the good will they have generated previously evaporates due to the issues being reported.  Failures are bad enough, but poor repair jobs are another level of issue.

Exactly. The reliability issues were bad enough, but most ppl were putting up with them because of the excellent support and fast turn around. But with ppl reporting long turn around, bad repairs, dirty cans returned, etc etc etc, Audeze does indeed run the risk of evaporating their good will.

Sep 14, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #176 of 560
  ​
Exactly. The reliability issues were bad enough, but most ppl were putting up with them because of the excellent support and fast turn around. But with ppl reporting long turn around, bad repairs, dirty cans returned, etc etc etc, Audeze does indeed run the risk of evaporating their good will.

Going off topic a bit, but I've been following your Abyss/HE1000 comparison and will be very interested in what you end up keeping.  If my LCD3s need to go back for a 5th time, I may be ready to make a similar move.  They working perfectly now, but.....

Sep 14, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #177 of 560

I feel so bad for you.
How on earth do they send something like that back without noticing it (?) Maybe they do notice and think 'arrr we'll be fine'
I'd like to believe the team leader of the assembly line or repair shop wouldn't ok something like that happening - surely they are looked at by more than one person! Or am I being naive?

Probably

Sep 14, 2015 at 4:09 PM Post #178 of 560
^ Sounds like they have one or more people on the repair line whose work is not up to standard.
But you are quite right - this should be picked up by a team leader. I don't think you are being naive.

Adding speculation, maybe a trusted repair person whose work does not usually have to be checked is having an 'episode' :confused:

Sep 14, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #179 of 560
I think they are either being overwhelmed with the number of repairs or for some reason are understaffed with repair engineers. Took longer than it should have for me to get my unit repaired, but thankfully it seemed OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back