How many sleep with headphones on?
Mar 22, 2007 at 3:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

walls

100+ Head-Fier
I have a bad habit of falling asleep at night with ,my headphones on. I was just wondering how many of you guys do this as often as me (4 or 5 night a week!)?

Mar 22, 2007 at 3:24 PM Post #2 of 17
I sleep on my side so I can't do this. Sometimes I use earphones/IEMs in bed though, but most of the time I'll feel it pressing on my ear when I roll to my side and pull it off, half-asleep

Mar 22, 2007 at 5:42 PM Post #6 of 17
occasionally ill crash out with my v6's on. usually its when my roomates arent in the room. With these beasts on im forced to sleep on my back(normally a stomach/side sleeper) and i tend to snore like crazy when im on my back. but its nice to put on some pink noise and zip off to sleep really fast

Mar 22, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #7 of 17
When I'm extremely tired at school, I sleep on the library table with my E500s (while sitting, heads down). But if I have the music at moderately loud volumes, it's very shocking when I wake up; gives me this wierd hyper-sensation.

Mar 22, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #8 of 17
I've dozed off a couple of times with them on only to be awaken by a loud portion in the music.

Kind of disorienting. Like . . . Whoa. Where am I?
blink.gif

Mar 22, 2007 at 9:09 PM Post #11 of 17
I have a pair of Creative buds that I use in bed. It is important to keep the volume down lest you are shocked awake at a loud passage...bummer
blink.gif

Mar 22, 2007 at 9:43 PM Post #12 of 17
i sleep with marshmallows in and my ipod beside me. When I wake up, I am sleeping on top of my ipod, my IEMs are out of my ear and i am sleeping on them too, but they are all twisted and mangled and wrapped around one arm.

Mar 22, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I guess I am the only one who throws his phones across the room upon waking up with them on?
blink.gif

actually, i toss my IEMs onto the computer chair when i wake up. if i fall asleep at the computer chair (which happens a lot, i often wake up with my face against the monitor halfway through a long headphone review) i throw them at the bed. sometimes i do this with the SR80 too. more of a toss than a throw, they always land with both cups in the same position on the feather blanket.

so yeah, i sleep with headphones on. i have horrible insomnia for a teenager, can never get to sleep before 1am. the music helps, the only playlists on my iPod are Sleep and CRAP YOUR PANTS. Sleep has a lot of nice piano songs, like Elton John/Ben Folds - "Tiny Dancer", X-Japan - "The Last Song"/"Say Anything", etc. CRAP YOUR PANTS is just all of the music in my Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Rage Against The Machine, Motorhead and Megadeth collections. this combo works like a charm!

also, whenever i doze off in school i have one IEM in. damn, i need sleeping pills or something.

edit: oh, this one time i woke up with both Marshmallows in my mouth. that was nasty.

Mar 22, 2007 at 9:54 PM Post #14 of 17
I normally sleep with my E500's, but sometimes I wake up and they're being pulled and the cable is oddly bent, so I'm worried about damaging them. Will continue to do so though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 22, 2007 at 9:56 PM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
actually, i toss my IEMs onto the computer chair when i wake up. if i fall asleep at the computer chair (which happens a lot, i often wake up with my face against the monitor halfway through a long headphone review) i throw them at the bed. sometimes i do this with the SR80 too. more of a toss than a throw, they always land with both cups in the same position on the feather blanket.

You just toss them gently onto a soft surface. That is different. I sometimes rip them off my head and throw them away, and they land on the hardwood floor and slide across the room. I do not like waking up with odd things on my head, even if I put it there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back