May 28, 2009 at 9:42 AM Post #31 of 44
I have 5 younger sisters and 5 older brothers

Just kidding
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I have 2 older sisters.

May 28, 2009 at 11:47 AM Post #32 of 44
I have 2 younger sisters and a dog that acts like a brother. He should count.

May 28, 2009 at 1:43 PM Post #35 of 44
And AdamCalifornia is the guy that makes them.
biggrin.gif

May 28, 2009 at 2:09 PM Post #37 of 44
It's just me and my "little" sis, although the distinction seems faintly silly now that we are both in our mid-40s. We were born 18 months apart, after our parents had struggled to have children for the first seven years of their marriage. They have now been married for 56 years, still bug the hell out of each other, and still couldn't live without each other.

As they began to think they couldn't have children, they began seriously considering adoption, and around that time they had me and my sister in fairly rapid succession. When it rains, it pours, I guess.

I'm not sure how the adoption route would have gone for them; we are members of a religious minority, and in those days cross-religious adoptions were nearly unheard of.

May 28, 2009 at 2:15 PM Post #38 of 44
one little brother (..who is now bigger then I am)

May 29, 2009 at 12:36 AM Post #39 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I said two, and that's almost right.

I had an older brother; but he passed away a few years back.

I have a younger brother, but I've only seen him one time in the last twenty years.

I almost feel like an Only Child, but my parents have been gone for decades.

.....I suddenly feel rather alone.

It's okay you have your 5,904 posts to comfort you. Sorry for your losses though
frown.gif

Now to the topic, I have one older sister, she's leaving for university though, so that's going to be the place to hide my headphones, and mooch off her for some money to get them, she'll feel bad when she comes to see me
biggrin.gif

May 29, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #40 of 44
4 of us (2 younger brothers, youngest is a sister)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
- BIG FAMILY FTW - lol

Six

6? bah.. ;D

my darling wife has 16 siblings - all from the same mother (this is a usual question in Muslim countries where a guy can have up to 4 wives and pretty much easier to rack up the numbers then...)

May 29, 2009 at 8:04 AM Post #41 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by SiriuslyCold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
4 of us (2 younger brothers, youngest is a sister)

6? bah.. ;D

my darling wife has 16 siblings - all from the same mother (this is a usual question in Muslim countries where a guy can have up to 4 wives and pretty much easier to rack up the numbers then...)

Wow...family gatherings must be incredible (I mean that in a totally good way!) I love my sister, who is my only sibling, but we were at odds most of the time growing up. I've sometimes wondered if it would have been better if we had had other siblings, so that we didn't relentlessly focus on each other, and compete with each other, all the time. There is a happy ending, though. We get along much better as adults than we did as kids. Maturity....what a concept.

May 29, 2009 at 9:09 AM Post #42 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBenway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow...family gatherings must be incredible (I mean that in a totally good way!)

I have not seen everyone in one place though haha - perhaps once. the older siblings have (a few) kids too so they all add up

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrBenway /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've sometimes wondered if it would have been better if we had had other siblings, so that we didn't relentlessly focus on each other, and compete with each other, all the time.

there are no right answers, I think - no perfect balance no perfect numbers. we all make do with what (or who) we get
smily_headphones1.gif

May 29, 2009 at 9:59 AM Post #43 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by SiriuslyCold /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have not seen everyone in one place though haha - perhaps once. the older siblings have (a few) kids too so they all add up

there are no right answers, I think - no perfect balance no perfect numbers. we all make do with what (or who) we get
smily_headphones1.gif

God Bless you!

May 29, 2009 at 2:14 PM Post #44 of 44
2. Or actually 1 and two half-siblings so that makes 3.
smily_headphones1.gif

One pure little sister, one older half sister from my mothers original marriage, and one older (and oldest of my siblings) half brother from my fathers original marriage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back