How many records do you have and what's your top five?
Feb 7, 2013 at 1:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

JamesHuntington

100+ Head-Fier
Want to know how many records you have and your top five favorite/rare etc. Wanted to create this thread for fun and education, so tell us what's hot or rare in your collection. I'm not a serious collector, nor do I have anything drool-worthy. I just want to get some input as to what is collectable right now.

My collection is about 200 right now (but gave away and sold many more over the years)

top 5

GnR "Appetite for Destruction" (with original rape scene cover) Rare probably
The Move "Looking On"
The Clash "Sandinista" Made in England
Isaac Stern 60th Anniversary Celebration (Digital Recording and Audiophile Pressing)
Melino and His Orchestra "western Songs the Latin Way (made in 1957 and a very early version of a long playing record)

Found Recently at thrift store two unopened records: The Sinatra Family Wish you a Merry Christmas (1969) and The Hoops McCann Band "Plays the music of Steely Dan."

Feb 7, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
Just to clarify—you're specifically referring to physical vinyl records, right?

Yes, you are right. I want to see what's cool in the headfi collectors scene. Hopefully stuff I can find when looking for used records, not specifically for value but for enjoyment/quality. I was thinking mostly records that were made before CDs too, though there's some nice newer records out there. Hopefully people will want to brag about their collections, because unlike gigabits of music, these things weigh a ton and take up tons of room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back