How Many Posts Until I'm Smart?
Aug 15, 2008 at 4:25 PM Post #61 of 66
It's pretty much a given that if you posted in this thread, you're an idiot.

Aug 15, 2008 at 4:41 PM Post #62 of 66
Ok, ok!
Backs away...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 15, 2008 at 6:27 PM Post #64 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraegorn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very reflective. Word has it around here that the more you post, the more head-fi knowledgeable you are.

To be honest, I never realized that it was in issue until people started complaining about it. Sure, it existed back when I was active in the main forums, but from what folks say it appears to be an epidemic now. I guess with the larger membership, new kids don't know who to listen to, and latch on to who's been around the most. Do senior members actually use their post count to throw their weight around over there?

Aug 15, 2008 at 11:49 PM Post #65 of 66
My knowledge of Audio gear is pretty solid. No surprise there since I've been a very active audio buff for over 30 years now. I don't think I've had any earth shattering revelations since joining Head-Fi, but I have learned a lot about DIY audio since joining here. Not actually how to build things, but a better knowledge of what's available out there, and how it scales compared to the boutique stuff.

I've also made some very good friends. Some that I've met face to face with on numerous occasions, and some that I've only been able to converse with here or on the phone. Those friendships are invaluable to me, and I have Head-Fi to thank for them. Some of those friends have built gear for me, and that makes it not just gear, but handiwork with a very personal touch.

I've also been lucky enough to merge my two favorite hobbies, and have been thrilled to see some of the fruits of my labor sent to all seven corners of the globe.

So though I tend to get sarcastic and a bit whiny now and then, that doesn't mean that I'm not fully aware of what this site has given to me. Aware and grateful!

Aug 16, 2008 at 12:12 AM Post #66 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So though I tend to get sarcastic and a bit whiny now and then, that doesn't mean that I'm not fully aware of what this site has given to me. Aware and grateful!

Not sure about the ''getting smarter'' part but a wise man is fitting somewhere...
wink.gif

Amicalement

Users who are viewing this thread

Back