how many people use crossfeed or dolby headphone?
Nov 5, 2017 at 1:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

FireDragon76

New Head-Fier
I have been using headphones a long time, mostly inexpensive on ear headphones (Sennheiser, later Panasonic RP-HT21) or earbuds (Panasonic Eargonomics). I prefer listening to headphones using some kind of acoustic simulation. Usually Creative CMSS, Yamaha Silent Cinema (on my receiver), Dolby headphone, or the crossfeed on Rockbox. This has meant I've gone to some lengths sometimes- I once payed a decent amount of money just to get a Sennheiser Lucas to use with my Playstation years ago, using a mess of wires and a switchbox to make it all work. And my home theater receiver spends time serving as a headphone amp, since I live in an apartment, headphones give me a way to escape the noise of rush hour traffic.

In fact, I don't think I'd enjoy listening to headphones without something like that, as I find the stereo image created by headphones unappealing.

Nov 5, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #2 of 8
I get where you are coming from, Dolby Atmos for Headphones on Windows is great. Make sure to turn off any other DSP from Windows. I use it mostly for multi-channel movie watching, netflix, and some game.

most of my music listening doens't really require it though, as I've adjusted long time ago to the presentation of headphones, and some music doesn't really require crossfeed as much.

Nov 5, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #3 of 8
I use DIY cross-feeders with headphones, because most of the time I don't like the unnatural excessive stereophony created for loudspeakers.

Nov 5, 2017 at 11:37 PM Post #4 of 8
I have been using headphones a long time, mostly inexpensive on ear headphones (Sennheiser, later Panasonic RP-HT21) or earbuds (Panasonic Eargonomics). I prefer listening to headphones using some kind of acoustic simulation. Usually Creative CMSS, Yamaha Silent Cinema (on my receiver), Dolby headphone, or the crossfeed on Rockbox. This has meant I've gone to some lengths sometimes- I once payed a decent amount of money just to get a Sennheiser Lucas to use with my Playstation years ago, using a mess of wires and a switchbox to make it all work. And my home theater receiver spends time serving as a headphone amp, since I live in an apartment, headphones give me a way to escape the noise of rush hour traffic.

In fact, I don't think I'd enjoy listening to headphones without something like that, as I find the stereo image created by headphones unappealing.

I use Crossfeed on Neutron Music Player or on Meier amps.

Nov 29, 2018 at 12:14 AM Post #5 of 8
how many people use crossfeed or dolby headphone?

I use crossfeed plugins all the time. I tried them practically all, even most obscure ones, but I keep coming back to 112dB Redline Monitor. Meier is also good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back