How many people have you converted from the 'Dark Side'?
May 29, 2010 at 12:20 PM Post #2 of 16
A bunch of my friends have bought Portapros at my urging (Koss is a local company, so it is the easiest). One friend bought AD700s, and another bought k240s on my recommendations, so a fair amount. My girlfriend always likes listening to my rig, so that kind of counts I think.

May 29, 2010 at 1:07 PM Post #4 of 16
Most people that have heard my rig say it sounds really good. They just can't justify spending that amount even when I tell them there are cheaper options that still sound great. I think I've shown them what's out there though and maybe one day when their current stuff breaks they will look into better equipment.
I've only truly converted one friend; he bought my pair of Shure SRH-840s.

May 29, 2010 at 1:22 PM Post #5 of 16
My sister has my old CAL!s and Sony MDR V6. For my dad I am going to get a more than decent and powerful CD-player and give him one of my favourite headphones. That leaves me with one useless portable headphone to lose, hmmm...

I did persuade someone of the use of burn in, although that does not count for much. One convert for now...

May 29, 2010 at 1:32 PM Post #6 of 16
3 and counting. Now that I have flashy ES10s, everyone is asking to audition my phones (unlike the less aesthetically pleasing HD555s I used to use for portable).

I've gotten all three to buy Senns in the past, which were good for the value. Nothing expensive though, yet.

May 29, 2010 at 2:35 PM Post #7 of 16
Just a couple. I'm new to it myself. Just immediate family members.

May 29, 2010 at 2:49 PM Post #8 of 16
All the roommates i've ever stayed with back in undergrad at least one ended up with a pair of Senns. 

May 29, 2010 at 5:48 PM Post #9 of 16

As you can see, I never left The Dark Side ....

Incidentally, I thought I had a few success stories. I thought I had my old roommate, my sister and her best friend all converted over to Koss KSC-75s and PortaPros. Unfortunately, the roommate is now back to Skullcandy, and the sister and her friend have switched to Sony active noise cancelling phones. I have failed :frowning2:

May 30, 2010 at 7:19 PM Post #12 of 16
One, how sad, and he didn't make it too far.  Gotta admit though one of my daughters may end up converting, she loved my E3 hand me downs until they got stolen with her ipod.

May 30, 2010 at 7:19 PM Post #13 of 16
Unfortunately, nobody............I hide my addiction to the best of my ability.

May 30, 2010 at 7:25 PM Post #14 of 16
^^
cool.gif

May 30, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #15 of 16
Zero, my friends either don't enjoy music or don't really care about listening quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back