How many people does it take to design high quality headphones?
Feb 18, 2011 at 10:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

headhog

100+ Head-Fier
More importantly who are these people? I own denon D2000 and some times wonder about the people who took part in designing my beautiful headphones.would greatly appreciate any info on the matter
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks

Feb 18, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #3 of 8
I honestly thought this was going to be a joke. Still an interesting question to ask though.

Feb 19, 2011 at 2:08 AM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
 Still an interesting question to ask though.

Got me reading, I know that Jerry Harvey ran a one man band, making his own headphones with already available parts, but he was using BA's. Can any industry insiders help us out here? 

Feb 19, 2011 at 11:17 AM Post #5 of 8
So i did a bit of research on denon.And found there website dedicated to the history of the company and only see two people mention here http://www.denon100.com/#/en/timeline.Masso Goto vice president and Hirofumi Ichikawa director who first started as produck development engineer in 1981.In the small snippet info of hirofumi he does say there is 200 engineers working at denon but he doesn't go into detail of the teams involved who work on specific products or the individuals themselves.Its a shame these people dont get the recognition they deserve.But i reckon the check they get more then enough makes up for it.

Feb 26, 2011 at 3:25 AM Post #6 of 8
I find that as companies get bigger, problems get larger in number. I've always attributed this to a lack of understanding and communication between the various people. One person designs a part and specs the way it will communicate to the outside devices. Another designs a different part and follows this spec. Unfortunately, due to unforeseeable differences, very rare cases will put the system into a failure mode. When analyzed, the problem is obvious. The issue is that one person did not overlook the entire design (essentially do the whole thing themselves).

Two seems like the magic number. There is only one other genius to ask to make sure your genius did not take a hike into a black hole. However, most of the greatest things so far have been by one person solely. Talks of dualities in these people is common :p Ying and Yang. Relativity. There's no good without bad, there's no 1 without the 0.

Feb 26, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
I find that as companies get bigger, problems get larger in number. I've always attributed this to a lack of understanding and communication between the various people. One person designs a part and specs the way it will communicate to the outside devices. Another designs a different part and follows this spec. Unfortunately, due to unforeseeable differences, very rare cases will put the system into a failure mode. When analyzed, the problem is obvious. The issue is that one person did not overlook the entire design (essentially do the whole thing themselves).

Two seems like the magic number. There is only one other genius to ask to make sure your genius did not take a hike into a black hole. However, most of the greatest things so far have been by one person solely. Talks of dualities in these people is common :p Ying and Yang. Relativity. There's no good without bad, there's no 1 without the 0.

You can have a unary language.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back