How many of you ..
Jan 16, 2007 at 2:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

mtd

100+ Head-Fier
How many of you use your computer/mp3/soundcard as your primary source? Or perhaps you have your system next to your PC, and reppin it from CDs?

I find it hard to beleive one would frequent this forum without the combination of surfing/listening at the same time.

Jan 16, 2007 at 2:48 AM Post #3 of 47
Like Duggeh, primary in terms of time used would be my H140. I have an amp in the bedroom (Corda) and den (GLite), so I take it around the house.

I do most of my listening as I'm surfing or working.

Jan 16, 2007 at 2:53 AM Post #4 of 47
I rarely use my computer itself as my rig, but I always have my rig near my computer.

Jan 16, 2007 at 2:54 AM Post #5 of 47
I use a CDP, but have a laptop/wireless connection for listening while surfing. I'm sick in bed today and using ipod/Hornet/Darth Beyers while typing right now. Very nice. Haven't turned the tv on in months.

Jan 16, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #6 of 47
My home system is an arm's length away from my computer. For those of us who still buy CDs, not all of us have the time to rip our CDs and money to buy an external DAC & amp.
tongue.gif

Jan 16, 2007 at 2:58 AM Post #9 of 47
Never! Oh wait ... well sometimes at work through my laptop and KSC-75.

Like Duggeh my vinyl is priority, but out of convenience and limited time I use my CD or SACD player most often.

Jan 16, 2007 at 3:00 AM Post #10 of 47
My rig is right next to my computer. But I'll probably be needing to get up a lot when my TT arrives. I already got old school switching back to CD.....and now I'm getting dinosaur oldschool with LP
biggrin.gif

Jan 16, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #11 of 47
I can't just listen to music anymore. It needs to be the background for whatever i'm doing. Like surfing this forum.

.. I also find that drinking increases my enjoyment of music two-fold.

Jan 16, 2007 at 3:07 AM Post #12 of 47
PC is my primary rig, H140 secondary (work), CD tertiary. When I get my own home/house, I will separate my PC from my TV viewing, music listening (and the rest of my life), but right now space is a premium and I don't mind putting in the effort to FLAC CDs if I can later change album with a double click
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 16, 2007 at 3:08 AM Post #13 of 47
I also like to listen through my comp, especially when I first download some new music. I just moved a DVD player onto the bottom shelf of my comp desk (it was just sitting around collecting dust, since I don't watch movies much), so now I'm using it a bit more. Yes, the sound quality is definitely a couple of notches up from my Audigy 2 ZS (I'm also using better interconnects for hookup to my head amp), but I still like my soundcard for convenience as well as decent sound. Great way to audition new music, while surfing, and it's nice to not have to stop and change CD's.

Jan 16, 2007 at 3:15 AM Post #14 of 47
I hardly ever use my computer as a source and even when I do it's never for headphones. At work I use my 4G iPod and at home it's mostly CD with the iPod used on occasions.

Jan 16, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #15 of 47
I'm getting kinda intoxicated now. I think you guys are silly geese for dissing the 250ohm 770. It rocks my socks on my crappy receiver. I should delete this forum off my favorites, and hit myself in the head so I forget about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back