how many of you play computer games
Sep 7, 2009 at 4:52 PM Post #63 of 84
I really need to print out the manual.. it's nearly impossible for me to remember the startup procedure from watching the tutorial alone.
frown.gif

Sep 7, 2009 at 5:57 PM Post #64 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Consoles have a market but so do PC's. Better graphics, higher resoultion, better interface (keyboard & mouse) You don't need to keep on updating computers, I've had mine a few years and been playing latest PC games. I've only updated GPU once. The PS3 costs three times what I paid for the GPU upgrade. Some games on consoles are shadow of the PC self (Oblivion, Fall Out)

Okay, GTA IV on PC is significantly better than the PS3 version, in terms of resolution and downright graphics. Pretty much every comparison is like that. Don't even start talking about FPSes.

PC Gaming is still alive, what's different is that the console market is also getting bigger, not the PC market getting smaller, by any means. Anyone heard of World of Warcraft?...
wink.gif

And my GPU cost as much as my PS3. And I spend twice the time gaming on the PC than on the PS3 (and I don't play that much these days, anyhow)

Sep 7, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #65 of 84
SC2, D3, HL:EP3 and Bioshock2 need to hurry up and come out... new COD may be good as well

as of right now I still play cs1.6 (used to play competitively) and a little TF2.

Sep 8, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #66 of 84
I don't understand why the myth that PC gaming is really expensive is still around, when a $100 graphics card maxes out nearly all games at 1680x1050. I only started PC gaming like a year ago so maybe there was a time when a GPU that played on high would be obsolete in a year or 2, but it definitely isn't like that anymore. Many people are still rocking 8800 series cards, which still play games on at least med/high at I think 1680x1050. IIRC, the 8800 series debuted around 3 years ago.

Sep 8, 2009 at 3:36 AM Post #67 of 84
Sure it's possible to spend little on PC hardware and get good bang for your buck, but it's also easy to dump thousands of dollars into a gaming rig so I wouldn't really call PC gaming being expensive a myth. Even a basic gaming PC is going to cost quite a bit more than the $100 video card.

Sep 8, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #68 of 84
Oblivion all the way baby.

Love modding that gem of a game. Planning to upgrade to the Alienware M17x (or the M15x refresh) soon, myself.

A desktop is better suited for gaming, I know, I know. Heard it several times. But I want to carry my setup anywhere I go. As you can tell from my signature, I'm a huge portable setup nut.

Sep 8, 2009 at 6:04 AM Post #69 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by PianoBlack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm bummed that the adventure genre is dying out. Loved the Sierra (Gabriel Knight, early Space/King's Quest for Glory, Phantasmagoria) and LucasArts (Full Throttle) games.

Right now I'm just going through legacy games ($5 a pop for Monkey Island, Laura Bow etc.)...so my melancholy is stemmed for awhile.

What do you think of Telltale's episodic adventure titles?

Currently I'm re-playing Baldur's Gate 2 with a couple of fan mods: The "Edwin's Romance" mod is especially a hoot.

Sep 8, 2009 at 8:24 AM Post #70 of 84
Quote:

. Planning to upgrade to the Alienware M17x

Build you own, don't buy that overpriced crap. Cheap cases.

Quote:

Many people are still rocking 8800 series cards, which still play games on at least med/high at I think 1680x1050. IIRC, the 8800 series debuted around 3 years ago.

I'm playing 1920x1200 on a 8800GT 512MB

Sep 8, 2009 at 8:58 AM Post #71 of 84
I'm addicted to Day of Defeat: Source. That's pretty much all I play.

Sep 8, 2009 at 12:23 PM Post #72 of 84
I'm just getting around to completing HL2: Ep2

Then its back to Supreme Commander or if I'm feeling nostalgic, Total Annihilation.

Sep 8, 2009 at 3:10 PM Post #74 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I used to, but my Geforce9800 died, then I bought a gigabyte with an integrated geforce9400, it died too.

So the lesson was: stick with Asus.

Dodgy PSU?

Sep 8, 2009 at 3:22 PM Post #75 of 84
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm addicted to Day of Defeat: Source. That's pretty much all I play.

It's my favorite game, which servers do you play in? Try out "28th ID" sometime, there are a good group of mature players there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oblivion all the way baby.

It's a pretty decent game when heavily modded.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dodgy PSU?

Hopefully not, the 9800gt died because it was a crappy Zotac, at the time I thought my psu went faulty so I bought another psu but it turned out Zotac card simply wasn't good quality. And I kept that psu in my case, it could be possible the new psu I bought killed the Gigabyte, I was taking my chance with Gigabyte to save money since the 9400 is the most powerful integrated card right now for a desktop motherboard. The Asus I've been using survived through the entire ordeal though. BTW, don't ever buy Zotac products, I tried RMAing it and it's been more than a month now, they delegated "my RMA priority" to low because I didn't post about the problem in their forum (?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back