How many of you have ONE pair of headphones??
Jan 13, 2012 at 1:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 82

pelltj03

Head-Fier
So I'm curious how many head-fier's are running around with fairly simple setups, one amp/one pair of headphones.  I think it's easy while reading posts that it would seem most of us are running around with 10-15 pairs of headphones (and I'm sure that's the case with some of us). 

Personally I am trying to keep my collection fairly small.  Currently it's a pair of HD650's, Fostex T40's and Shure SE215's.  I would like to add a pair of Thunderpants sooner than later, but right now I'm really happy with the small sets I have.

I could easily though get rid of everything but the HD650's and probably be happy for quite some time. 

So as said, who here is running with one headphone/one amp!

-Tom

Jan 13, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #2 of 82
I really only use my bowers and wilkins p5 (well burned in with modded earpads)
But planning on getting the beyer t70p
I HAVE the sony mdr-xb500 but I just don't use them

Jan 13, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #3 of 82
i'm using my M50 with Cowon C2 and Fiio E11,fairly simple and good setup.

Jan 13, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #4 of 82
As a youngin' (still in college) I don't have the money to have so many nice headphones so I fall into this category. I have one HD600 with an E9/E7 combo.

EDIT: I guess I have bose earbuds too which I don't like much but I got them for cheap and I only use them when walking in between my dorm and my classes (so, maybe like 35 minutes a day total lol).

Jan 13, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #5 of 82
i vow to be down to 1 headphone. i usually use 1 main headphone even though i own 6 pairs. i would of never thought of owning more then couple pairs to be honest.

i do keep 1 main amp and 1 pair of speakers. i use speaker outputs for driving headphones and my main amp has enough drive for everything and natural sounding amp and nice and powerful for low-impedance speakers no sweat. i like to keep things simple myself. having few pairs of headphones is fine since easy to store. multiple speakers i give away after i fix them up. too many boxes in the room screws up my room acoustics since i need them perfect and i find not much use owning multiple amps so i let other family members use them.

Jan 13, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #6 of 82
I currently only have the m50, but I preordered the he-400, and I have the fiio e10 in the mail.

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #8 of 82

Quote:
Well I currently have the shures srh940 and the sony mdr-xb1000. I havent got any amps because I think they are pretty expensive.

see some Fiio and tell me if their amps are expensive.

and if i may ask something unrelated: how are the pads in the SRH940? because i want to put them on my M50.

thank you.

Jan 13, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #9 of 82
I just got into this, but have been lurking for a while. Bought my HD650's two weeks ago and they are my only headphones at the moment. I'm setting my sights on Beyerdynamic T1's or the HD800's next, but I'm so happy with these that it will be a while before I plunge again.

Jan 13, 2012 at 3:41 PM Post #10 of 82
Only one pair of headphones at a time. Got some SRH440's on the way here and I'm going to be happy with that for a while (got earpads and a straight cable too.) I'll end up grabbing an amp sometime soon but I can't yet afford the sound I really want since that involves revamping my computer and hooking that up to a receiver. 

Jan 13, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #12 of 82
I'm staying at two pairs but I want one open and one closed so a single pair won't do.

Jan 13, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #13 of 82
I can't have just one pair of headphones. I need at least one desktop/home listening headphone and one portable headphone. Anything beyond that is extra, though.

That said, I have 4 right now. One is a vintage hand-me-down. Another is the Panasonic HTF600 that's my current portable headphone. The remaining two are my Stax Lambda systems that are my home setups, but I'm trying to sell one of them off and keep the other to reduce some of the wallet hurt this place has done to me.

If I just had to buy only one more headphone, though, it would be the original, Normal bias SR-Lambda in totally stock condition...but I'd have to find one for sale first, and then have the money to afford it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back