How many of you drink to enhance your listening experience?
May 18, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #2 of 14
Be careful about listening levels, alcohol can reduce your ears' ability to adjust to volume levels.

May 19, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #4 of 14
Alcohol enhances the mood not the hearing. You will do the best listening with no alcohol. You will miss some nuances with alcohol. Having some cold ones at the moment. My brother came over gave me a new computer and all he wanted was some beer so I got some. Otherwise I would have had root beer.

May 19, 2010 at 12:16 AM Post #5 of 14
I find alcohol affects my ability to play video games and music. They just don't go that well together for some reason.

May 19, 2010 at 1:35 AM Post #7 of 14
Quote:
Just wait until you sober up!

biggrin.gif

May 19, 2010 at 5:46 AM Post #8 of 14
Nah, alcohol and music don't really go together. However, a nice glass of Whisky can do a lot with your mood. :)

May 19, 2010 at 8:34 AM Post #9 of 14
I love drinking a glass of port or red wine with lights dimmed and headphones on - a slight buzz makes the experience sooo relaxing...

May 20, 2010 at 11:06 AM Post #12 of 14
I drink quite a lot - some 4-5 liters a day.
But that is for other reasons than to enhance the listening experience. Mainly to prevent dehydration.

May 25, 2010 at 8:26 AM Post #14 of 14
What is your limit on root beer? Sugar is not exactly a benign substance and can be quite mind-altering, not to mention addictive!

I have been known to down a Red Bull or a cup of (black) coffee though if I'm tired, as I have been known to nod off during certain musical passages.

Quote:
Alcohol enhances the mood not the hearing. You will do the best listening with no alcohol. You will miss some nuances with alcohol. Having some cold ones at the moment. My brother came over gave me a new computer and all he wanted was some beer so I got some. Otherwise I would have had root beer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back