How many of you cycle and have had a bike stolen?
Dec 13, 2012 at 8:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Tangster

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm just wondering because I've just had my latest bike stolen after only 3 months of ownership. Whisked away from the bike sheds while I was in the labs and just when I'd gotten to the point where I was happy with it in terms of modifications. It's hurts even more because the money that I'll be spending to replace it could've gone on some custom IEMs.

So if anyone lives in the Liverpool city centre area and sees a black bike with bright yellow butterfly bars and saddle...
My old pride and joy in the background here:

Feel free to share your stories or just post bike pron.

Dec 17, 2012 at 2:08 PM Post #2 of 4
Many many years ago I had a 21 speed Townsend mountain bike go.  Gutted as it was my first decent bike and the insurance replacement even though it was townsend was nowhere near as good.  Recently sold my 12 year old Merida as never used it that much but find that I am missing it now that it's gone.  Going to wait til after christmas and pick myself up a new raliegh.

Tangster is there no way that you can get yours replaced under insurance of some sort?  At the very least report it to the police to get a crime number (fat chance of ever getting it back though sadly).  Sucks.

Dec 17, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
Many many years ago I had a 21 speed Townsend mountain bike go.  Gutted as it was my first decent bike and the insurance replacement even though it was townsend was nowhere near as good.  Recently sold my 12 year old Merida as never used it that much but find that I am missing it now that it's gone.  Going to wait til after christmas and pick myself up a new raliegh.

Tangster is there no way that you can get yours replaced under insurance of some sort?  At the very least report it to the police to get a crime number (fat chance of ever getting it back though sadly).  Sucks.

Didn't have insurance that covered theft. I've already replaced it with a flat red road bike and reported it to the university security desk who forwarded it to police.
On the plus side, my new lock covered theft of bikes up to £800, so long as I'm using the lock. :)

Dec 18, 2012 at 6:53 AM Post #4 of 4
That pains me to here, my cousin was in the market for a new bike and I advised him to get a good one he invested 600 on a sweet giant road hybrid bike and he got it stiolen 2 months later at the subway station.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back