How many of you are sleeping with stuffed animals?
Jun 5, 2006 at 10:59 PM Post #121 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric343
Jeez. And I thought I was nuts for having sewn some homemade detcord into my pillow -- it kinda gives new meaning to the phrase "throw pillow."

I occasionally have to deal with explosives at work because my company's main clients are usually involved in land-alteration or resource-based industries (e.g. forestry, mining, road engineering, etc.). Detcord is commonly present when such operations occur. But, detcord in your pillow? Hmm. Let's hope that nothing initiates its ignition while you're sleeping or you won't have anything to rest your Orpheus on.
wink.gif

As for having a shotgun next to my bedroll... it's for animal defense (primarily grizzlies and cougars). I spend nine months of the year living in remote wilderness areas. Sometimes, the accommodations are primitive: tents or pre-fab huts that are transported to a site by helicopter. Floor space is limited in either case, so some thought has to be given to which pieces of gear need to be kept indoors or close to one's person. It seems fairly obvious that such things as firearms, GPSs, two-way radios, etc. stay inside, while chainsaws and other tools can be left outside under a tarp.

Jun 5, 2006 at 11:03 PM Post #122 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demolition
I occasionally have to deal with explosives at work because my company's main clients are usually involved in land-alteration or resource-based industries (e.g. forestry, mining, road engineering, etc.). Detcord is commonly present when such operations occur. But, detcord in your pillow? Hmm. Let's hope that nothing initiates its ignition while you're sleeping or you won't have anything to rest your Orpheus on.
wink.gif

Detcord is pretty hard to set off -- the blasting caps aren't stored nearby
wink.gif

Jun 5, 2006 at 11:13 PM Post #123 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric343
Detcord is pretty hard to set off -- the blasting caps aren't stored nearby
wink.gif

That's good to know. For a second there, I thought this was some sort of Waco-esque suicide contraption for when the men in black come to your door.

Jun 6, 2006 at 12:32 AM Post #124 of 124
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demolition
That's good to know. For a second there, I thought this was some sort of Waco-esque suicide contraption for when the men in black come to your door.

That's the beauty of it. My imaginary detcord -- without any detonators -- is just as effective as that other guy's imaginary hand grenade, but a whole lot safer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back