How Many Letters Do You Send via Postal Service?
May 14, 2007 at 5:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

nickknutson

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm curious how many physical letters (in an envelope) people send these days. It's becoming a world of electronic payments and email...or your bank mails your bills for you. I remember growing up and watching my parents mail a stack of bills each month. That's certainly not the case for me. I don't have a single bill that requires me to mail it myself.

The only letter mail I send is my Christmas cards. Other than that, I don't put a stamp on anything.

This poll does not include packages...most of us use the post office for our inter-Head-Fi sales
biggrin.gif

May 15, 2007 at 4:37 AM Post #2 of 17
I pay about half a dozen bills by mail these days. I don't send a lot of actual handwritten letters or correspondence by snail mail, mostly just the bills.

Auto-pay seems convenient, but I still don't completely trust it. It takes time to check my bills and statements, and then write the checks and mail the envelopes, but I prefer having control over that process and having the ability to catch mistakes before my money is automagically whisked away.

May 15, 2007 at 4:57 AM Post #3 of 17
Back when I was shopping on eBay, I used to mail money orders as I didn't have my own credit card but I am trying to cut down on my expenses these days.
smily_headphones1.gif

Right now, zero.

May 15, 2007 at 4:59 AM Post #4 of 17
In my line of work I send a ton. Nature of the BEAST!

May 15, 2007 at 7:08 AM Post #7 of 17
The only physical letters I ever send nowadays are cards, and I don't even do that much. The only other things are the occasional money order (once every couple of years), or official documents like passport applications.

May 16, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #10 of 17
I think I sent maybe one letter in the past 5 years.
I don't have many friends so that could be a plausible reason haha!
And I just hate writing christmascards so don't do that either (besides the fact I don't know who to send it to
biggrin.gif
). So I voted for Zero.

May 16, 2007 at 6:12 PM Post #11 of 17
I rarely send letters. Only thing that goes in the mail for me are payments I can't make online and holiday cards.

May 16, 2007 at 8:45 PM Post #12 of 17
I send 2-3 private letters a year, at a max.
So I voted "1-5 Letters"...

May 17, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #14 of 17
do rebates count? then a LOT hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back