how many HF-1s left
Oct 6, 2005 at 4:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

b-sides

100+ Head-Fier
so after a long hiatus, i have finally returned to headfi.

got a question for you guys. i was originally considering a pair of SR60s, but i thought what the hell i'll wait and splurge for some HF-1s. the problem is, it's gonna be a while until i get enough cash, and i have heard that theres going to be a finite number. does anyone know until when are they selling these beauties? or, if they're limiting the number, how many will they produce and how many are left to purchase?

Oct 6, 2005 at 4:45 AM Post #2 of 10
i certainly understand why you wouldn't want to wade through 20+ pages of posts in the original thread...

from todd's latest post on that thread (posted sometime this afternoon), anyone who wants one will be able to get one, within a reasonable timeframe, i'm sure. the first orders (up in the mid to late 200s, i believe) will be completed in the next two weeks. then, todd will open orders again and that will be the last chance to order. originally, it was a limit of 500, but i'm not sure about that number anymore.

Oct 6, 2005 at 6:00 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by DieInAFire
since there's an HF-1... is it stupid to forsee an HF-2 sometime in the distant future?

Please don't talk about this. A bunch of us just dropped $205 on these HF-1's. If they bring out an HF-2, this could happen all over again (though probably to a lesser degree).

Oct 6, 2005 at 7:07 AM Post #6 of 10
this is gonna seem like a dumb question, but i just have to ask.

i will be leaving for college in about 10 months, so i'm kinda thinking about my future dorm rig atm. i will be using my ipod as a source. what would be better, an sr60 with a decent portable amp or an unamped hf-1?

also, is it worth spending money on an expensive non-portable amp if my source is an ipod? will i really get full potential out of it? most of my CD collection is ripped at VBR or at least 192kbps. i don't plan on bringing many CDs with me.

Oct 6, 2005 at 7:12 AM Post #7 of 10
Unless you are going to be alone in your dorm, I suggest a closed headphone.

Oct 6, 2005 at 7:17 AM Post #8 of 10
i probably will get a pair of closed headphones, probably a super.fi 5 to take care of both closed and on the go applications.

still, i prefer open phones for a main rig, and i'm really interested in these two options.

of course, the big problem now is scrounging up enough dough to afford both the super.fi 5s and an HF-1

Oct 6, 2005 at 7:47 AM Post #9 of 10
And I thouhg I was crazy for buying the X5L and etys at once.

Oct 6, 2005 at 4:35 PM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leto Atreides II
And I thouhg I was crazy for buying the X5L and etys at once.

I'm still laughing at your avatar....Mmmmm yummy
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back