How many DVDs do you own?
Jul 26, 2005 at 1:28 AM Post #17 of 22
Let's see, I have several Kurusawai movies, some anime boxsets, Crest of the Stars, El Hazard original OVA, Tenchi Muyo original OVA, Golden Boy (okay it's not exactly hentai
biggrin.gif
), couple of Miyazaki films, The world at war HBO boxset, Carl Sagan's Cosmos boxset, some more criterion titles, I think that's it.

This is down from 300+ DVDs I once had about 2 years ago.

My next purchase would be the Babylon 5 series, followed by the Startrek TNG boxsets.

Or I can just hold off until all these series come out on Blu-ray or HD DVD.
biggrin.gif

Jul 26, 2005 at 1:42 AM Post #18 of 22
I love my movies and the DVD format.
biggrin.gif
I was fortunate enough to start collecting when the dot.com companies were offering huge gift certificates for surveys and such about 5-6 years ago, so the collection grew quite quick and was cheap.
smily_headphones1.gif
I have about 680 titles at the moment, though over the last 4-6 months my buying has dramactically dropped off due to the lack of quality movies being released.

Jul 26, 2005 at 1:44 AM Post #19 of 22
6. Just 6...

Jul 26, 2005 at 2:20 AM Post #22 of 22
I don't necessarily buy DVDs because I think I'll watch them over and over again -- though some I certainly do and have -- but rather so that I can share those movies with friends or acquaintances who've never seen them. And often it's a great thing to have a nice DVD collection around if you're hanging out with friends but are too tired to go to another bar or do something else that's social. So I've tried to collect a range of DVDs -- I've got a big bunch of "artsy" movies (Truffaut, Godard, Bergman, Renoir, et al.) as well as fun college-type comedies (e.g., Old School, Zoolander, Super Troopers) and good popular dramas (e.g., Diner, Ordinary People, Good, Bad, and the Ugly).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back