How many DACs do you own?
Jun 23, 2023 at 12:31 PM Post #16 of 74
just two -- a chord dave and a chord qutest.
go VOLS

5 Lampizator Pacific Lampi Big 7,emmlabs Dac6e,emperical audio overdrive se
Ack Dac.
I need to sell 3 and keep just the Pacific
WOW

I would like to get into the 'entry level' lampizator someday. I have almost pulled the trigger on the Amber DAC several times... just never could quite justify it,

6 but only the first 2 get frequent use

Lampizator Atlantic TRP (with 2 'engines': R2R board for redbook and hi-rez PCM; + a DSD engine)
MARANTZ SA-14S1SE (SACD player + DAC)
MARANTZ NA6005
MHDT LAB Canary
KORG DS-100
iFi nano iDSD

i bricked my nano iDSD years ago on a firmware upgrade. Around 2014-ish, also have a dead iDSD Micro.. one of the first made. Battery dead.

Just one and that is the d30pro but I am thinking about getting the E70 as a 2nd one and I might at some point because I have been very happy with the d30pro. E70 uses AK chip too which is my preferred sound signature (btw I have tried/owned the K9pro which uses ess chip but it was not for me because of "too wide presentation of soundstage especially the midrange was miles wide/all over the horizont). I would keep the k9pro as an amp only because it was very good.

E70V with the AK chip is a GREAT dac. here is my review.

https://www.euphonicreview.com/reviews-home/topping-e70v-velvet-dac-review

Jun 23, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #17 of 74
i bricked my nano iDSD years ago on a firmware upgrade. Around 2014-ish, also have a dead iDSD Micro.. one of the first made. Battery dead.
My nano started to have issues soon after I had bought it - the left channel intermittently cut out on the RCA jack. The 14-day return window had closed so I sent it back for repairs or a replacement but the store said there's nothing wrong with it. I still have it tucked away. A shame because the sound is otherwise good.

Jun 23, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #18 of 74

I got the d30pro because it use cs43198 same dac chip as is in my favorite portable dap AK sr25mkii and I wanted that sr25mkii sound in a desktop setup.
E70V uses AK4499EX a clear improvement and this E70V should sound even better than the d30pro and probably for sure do.

E70V is 768 kHz / 32 bit, DSD512
d30pro is "just" 384 kHz / 32 bit DSD256

I know technicalities are not "everything" but still it looks E70V is just simply "better" than my d30pro anyway.
As I mentioned this might be my 2nd DAC and it probably will be we will see...

I agree with "everything" in your review "from a d30pro owner point of view" nice writeup and Thanks for the link.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2023 at 8:33 PM Post #20 of 74
Which one do you like best and why? Thanks
1-4 are my main dacs. I rotate them depending on the amps and cans I am using and sometimes depending on the music.

Jun 26, 2023 at 9:58 PM Post #22 of 74
Probably the Linn Klimax is the most versatile and easiest to get good sound out of it. You just need to plug in your network cable and a cheap power cable and you are good to go. Add power amp and speakers and you have a complete 2channel as well. Not the most impressive (ie, ear candy, “hi-fi”, hyper detail) sounding but balanced and musical across the board.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2023 at 10:04 PM Post #23 of 74
Probably the Linn Klimax is the most versatile and easiest to get good sound out of it. You just need to plug in your network cable and a cheap power cable and you are good to go. Not the most impressive (ie, ear candy, “hi-fi”, hyper detail) sounding but balanced and musical across the board.
Are you referring to the Linn Klimax DSM? Thank you.

Jun 26, 2023 at 11:42 PM Post #24 of 74
Are you referring to the Linn Klimax DSM? Thank you.
Yes. I don’t have the latest version. I presume you will demo in your home before purchasing in any case.

Jun 29, 2023 at 4:32 AM Post #26 of 74
Jul 1, 2023 at 9:07 AM Post #28 of 74
I think I am developing a problem haha

Added another today, a unique one. The Signalyst DSC1 (DSC2 balanced upgrade) pure DSD DAC, to go along with an iFi iDSD PRO, SMSL D300, iFi ZEN DAC V2, and RME ADI-2 PRO FS R Black Edition

If the Signalyst DAC works out to my liking, then I think I will finally let go of the iDSD PRO at least, maybe the RME as well. To reinvest in other audio kit, of course. And the sickness goes on..
Only one, Lumin P1.

Jul 1, 2023 at 9:15 AM Post #29 of 74
This is where I have a problem but I'm glad a few of you are also afflicted.

I run the Audio Phonique DHT, Acuhorn XT DHT, Berkeley Audio Design Reference 3 and have also kept a Schiit Audio Yggdrasil and Pass Labs D1.

Jul 1, 2023 at 10:05 AM Post #30 of 74
Hmm three. May, Asterion, Gustard A22.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back