How many albums do you have in your collection?
Sep 8, 2003 at 8:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

marios_mar

Headphoneus Supremus
Say how many pieces are there in your collection and your age too.
(Because a 20 year old collector for example usually cannot have as many pieces as a 60 year old collector. Age plays a role too.)
Inherited pieces count too but mention if they were inherited and not collected.
Only originls count of course:

I start

~500CDs +~200 LPs+5MCs+1MD total ~700pieces/age 22y.old

all collected not inherited or given to etc.

ps. Are classical music recordings called albums too?

Sep 8, 2003 at 9:15 AM Post #2 of 39
Do MP3's, AAC's, Ogg's, etc. count (harder to define as pieces)?

Also is quantity the target? I have less at 37, than I did at 27 or maybe even 17. Tend to hold onto only the great stuff for any length of time now. Guess I view popular (not just pop) music as more disposable/temporal for some reason.

EDIT: Didn't mean to threadjack. Maybe quantity is a part of the definition of collector. Then again maybe it's more having obscure recordings, etc. Anyway back to the regularly scheduled program...

Sep 8, 2003 at 4:27 PM Post #4 of 39
Combining my English-language and Chinese-language collection, I have 600+ CDs (including about 30 SACDs), 300+ cassettes, and about 200 vinyl records. Some of the CDs are CD version of albums on cassette. Oh....35 years old. I am depressed now.

Sep 8, 2003 at 5:48 PM Post #7 of 39
I have 246 CDs and two HDCDs. It surprises me that I have a relatively paltry collection of albums compared to what I spent on my audio gear alone. Yet, I have to remind myself that this is the most number of albums I have ever had in my possession in my entire life thus far. It goes without saying that I must get more albums.

Sep 8, 2003 at 6:09 PM Post #8 of 39
2,000 CDs (most purchased new, but many used from internet)

65% rock/alt, 35% classical

When you get 1K+ Cds storage/display/organization of music library becomes important to find music when you want it.
cool.gif

Sep 8, 2003 at 8:52 PM Post #10 of 39
I have 350 CDs, 7 MDs, and 100 Live concerts on CDR.
Are you asking how many studio albums people have on CDR as well? Most my friends have 1000's, but the are all pirated off the pewter. I am one of the few who knows ever single piece of music in my collection. It seems others who collect live music online have 100's of CDs the have never/will never listen to. I think it is a waste of precious CD space.

Sep 8, 2003 at 9:06 PM Post #11 of 39
Whoa, turns out i have exactly 888 albums (well, a bunch of albums and a smaller bunch of eps). All digital (cd or otherwise) of course. I'd say I've bought perhaps a third of them as compact discs. I have a few miscellaneous IDM records, but i don;t have a record player and I mainly have for.... i don't know why i have them.

732 IDM, Electronica, Experimental, etc.
7 Classical
118 "regular" music
20 soundtracks
11 Jazz

Sep 8, 2003 at 9:10 PM Post #12 of 39
I have about 450 Cd's and roughly 60 Lp's and about 20 older 78's and I am 53 years old.

When I think about inherited collections I just cringe thinking about my fathers collection of Jazz recordings spamming about 30 years. He had hundreds of pristine recordings that we enjoyed. When he took ill and they moved from our farm they were all sold. My only hope. is that they are being enjoyed.

Sep 8, 2003 at 10:10 PM Post #13 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by Andrew Pielet
I have 350 CDs, 7 MDs, and 100 Live concerts on CDR.
Are you asking how many studio albums people have on CDR as well? Most my friends have 1000's, but the are all pirated off the pewter. I am one of the few who knows ever single piece of music in my collection. It seems others who collect live music online have 100's of CDs the have never/will never listen to. I think it is a waste of precious CD space.

Yeah, becuase CDRs are so *******ed expensive.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back