how loud is an ipod?
Sep 6, 2005 at 5:35 PM Post #2 of 9
I think it depends on the headphones being used..

Sep 6, 2005 at 5:37 PM Post #3 of 9
I dunno about the experiences of others, but when I'm around iPod users I often hear the sound when I'm standing at a fair distance. Either those people listen to their music at ear-destroying levels, the earbuds leak tremendously, or both.

Now given you're using earbuds I'm sure they'll be loud enough to cause permanent hearing damage, if you're using some other headphone you need to name the model.

Sep 6, 2005 at 8:18 PM Post #5 of 9
Actually most of the kids at my school turn their volumes up to ear deafening levels regardless of the players. I however have an iPod 60GB colour and I always try to keep the volume low. Also I wouldn't try to max out the level with the shuffle, that ones gonna be painful, especially with the your phones being IEM's and all...
basshead.gif

Sep 6, 2005 at 8:25 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by akwok
I think it depends on the headphones being used..

second that..

generally pretty loud though.

Sep 6, 2005 at 9:12 PM Post #8 of 9
Depends on the impedence of the headphones.

EG- my 80 ohm headphones go loud enough with my ipod.

Sep 6, 2005 at 10:20 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by LOmac
i was just wondering how loud an ipod is (in db) turned up to max level. thanks!!!!!!!

I do not know the db level, but my iPod mini with Grado SR60 phones could get REAL loud if i wanted it to...I just want to have some ears down the road so I keep it low...but it could get loud big time....no mistake about that....

The iPods put out 30mW per channel, and that can pump out some major volume....The iPods sold in Europe are not as loud though because of EU regulations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back