How loud do you listen?
Jun 29, 2006 at 7:01 PM Post #31 of 43
If I’m truly listening to music, the optimum volume for my 53 year old ears has always been at concert or studio levels, other wise for me it just becomes back-round music.
I don’t know, I guess I need that visceral impact regardless if it’s classical, jazz or punk rock. This also applies to listening to speakers.

Jun 29, 2006 at 7:13 PM Post #32 of 43
I guess I listen to music a lot louder than all of you guys, I listen to music full-blast on just about everything.. 25/25 for my IEMs on Vision:M, same goes for my KCS-75's, computer is a bit different because it is more powerful..

Jun 29, 2006 at 9:01 PM Post #33 of 43
I listen to my iM716's at maybe 35% on the iPod...

After a week of listening to these IEM's, my hearing has gotten so much more sensitive... I can actually hold conversations now with the IEM's on (music paused, of course). When I play my alto sax now, my ears hurt (without wearing earplugs--now I just got ER-20's, a musician's ear-saver)

Jun 29, 2006 at 9:02 PM Post #34 of 43

After a week of listening to these IEM's, my hearing has gotten so much more sensitive... I can actually hold conversations now with the IEM's on (music paused, of course). When I play my alto sax now, my ears hurt (without wearing earplugs--now I just got ER-20's, a musician's ear-saver)

Also, to the one who listened to his home theatre system too loudly--maybe you should also get ER-20's and save your hearing...

Jun 29, 2006 at 9:56 PM Post #35 of 43
Zen Nano gets set to 20 out of 25 amped, with A47 amp with gain of 3 set to 50%. No amp, the Zen Nano is set to 15 out of 25.

Jun 29, 2006 at 10:52 PM Post #36 of 43
On Corda Aria just a 1/4 way up (9:00 I suppose)

On the iPod a little higher - say beyond half up

On the iPod while jogging - 70-80% way up. Need the higher sound to generate more energy.

Jun 30, 2006 at 12:14 AM Post #37 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by vYu223

Also, to the one who listened to his home theatre system too loudly--maybe you should also get ER-20's and save your hearing...

Wow 35% on the iPod without an amp? I can't even hear the music at that low with these hard-to-drive iM716s..

Jun 30, 2006 at 1:00 AM Post #39 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
When I listen to the KSC-75 I purchased at Radio Shack (have the volume control) straight out of my iPod the volume is at about 40%.

Dave, with regards to the PAV2 I see 4 options:
-Send it back to Gary to lower the gain.
-Put a 75 ohm resistor on both left/right channel going to the headphone.
-Get a higher impedence can (Senn HD600)
-Hook the PAV2 out of the iPod headphone and lower the volume out of the iPod

Directly out of ipod with the ksc75, my normal listening volume is 60%....and 70% MAX on the street....and that's very loud...gotta pick up a pair of iem soon..

Jun 30, 2006 at 1:02 AM Post #40 of 43
Audigy 2 ZS>PA2V2>MS-1s

Creative Surround Mixer at 60% and PA2V2 at 4 or 5 o'clock.

Jun 30, 2006 at 1:06 AM Post #41 of 43
actually, to help better gauge the listening volume...i think it's best to keep things simple...a DAP/PCDP out to headphone would give a much better image than say a pc -> amp -> phone...there is only one variable with the former setup while the latter setup may require you to determine the wave volume setting, main volume setting, amp gain, and amp volume setting.

Jun 30, 2006 at 1:48 AM Post #43 of 43
Hey, neat to see this thread alive and kicking.

I ended up giving up on trying to use the line-out (i'm pretty sure it doesn't make a difference on an ipod anyway) and just using the headphone out. Now I just keep the pa2v2 at a steady 70% and play with the volume on my clickwheel as I'm wont. Adds a little richness without adding volume.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back