How long will my ER4P's Last?
Feb 8, 2007 at 11:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

exX08

500+ Head-Fier
Just wondering, I'm a freshman in HS and I just want them to last me throughout college. Is this gonna be possible if I take good care of them?

Also I feal like I don't use them enough, how often do you use yours a day?

Feb 8, 2007 at 11:30 PM Post #2 of 7
I use them everyday.

Can't see why they wouldn't last years if you put them in the case each time you put them in a bag/pocket.

Feb 8, 2007 at 11:40 PM Post #3 of 7
The only thing I can imagine that might (might) break is the connection between the plug and the housing. If you're afraid of that, just use some heatshrink. Can't imagine that happening too soon, though.

I use them a couple of hours a day, and I'm not easy on my gear, meaning I just put them in my coat pocket.

Feb 9, 2007 at 11:12 PM Post #4 of 7
With the much needed shirt-clip attached, I think the fit into the carrying pouch is a tight one. I am not comfortable with how much you need to bend those cords around that big housing to fit it snugly into the pouch. I know there are strain reliefs that should protect the connection but it still makes me a little nervous.
frown.gif

Feb 10, 2007 at 12:54 AM Post #5 of 7
they are virtually indestructable

i carried them with me in the army crawling along trenches, cutting trees, clearing mines, jumping over barbed wires, throwing grenades.

Once it fell out of my pocket and with my player in my pocket on a jeep journey.
The thing hopped for around 20km against the ground and sounded no different. (i had to change the foam though)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back