How long will Comply Foam tips last?
May 15, 2009 at 3:11 PM Post #32 of 56
I second the use of comply tips within a pair of silicon tips. I use UE size medium which fits very well around the complys.
Its very easy, just pull out the plastic liner of the comply tips and stuff them in the silicone ones.

This way, you get the isolation and smushiness of the complys but durability and lack of grossness of the silicone.

I think the original thread on the mod mentioned it as a triple.fi mod.

May 15, 2009 at 3:25 PM Post #33 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by b00tang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
man mine completely fall apart when they are dead, here is a picture of what they looked like when I finally switched to new ones (sorry the image is awful because I took it on my iphone, but I think it gets the idea across).
2076af7.jpg

First they turn all dark and nasty, then they tear down teh middle, then half falls off... and even with all that destruction they still fit pretty decently and give good sound. Not nearly as nice as brand new ones but decent

OMG..this is horrible...you shouldnt have any seal with these...

May 15, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #36 of 56
I noticed that my UE700's started having no bass after listening to them for a few weeks. I thought maybe something was wrong with them as my Comply tips still looked o.k. other then being a little dirty. Well I decided to take them off and put on some silicone one's that also came with my UE's. Bass improved 100%. I think after a few weeks Comply tips just don't seal good anymore. I believe I'm gonna stay with the silicone one's for awhile now.

May 16, 2009 at 12:27 PM Post #38 of 56
oh man, people are digging up my post with my old nasty complies? I must just have some unforgiving ears, complies die on me really fast. I have since switched to just making my own out of earplugs which works great. I would say I get the same sound quality an about 95% of the comfort.

I've been looking into custom tips but haven't pulled the trigger yet

May 16, 2009 at 12:54 PM Post #39 of 56
i dont like complys, i had a set and i used them for what 3 days and they started going yellow.

i clean my ears at least once a day so they arent dirty. i just stopped using the complys thought there was no way i was going to be replacing them at the rate they require so id better not get used to liking them.

May 16, 2009 at 2:30 PM Post #40 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i dont like complys, i had a set and i used them for what 3 days and they started going yellow.

i clean my ears at least once a day so they arent dirty. i just stopped using the complys thought there was no way i was going to be replacing them at the rate they require so id better not get used to liking them.

Now there's black available so I guess the turning yellow problem has been solved.

May 16, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #42 of 56
It's nice to have additional colors including black. I just emailed Comply asking if they would consider offering them in L/R color combos, for instance offering blue/red foamies in one pack to easily tell which earpiece is which. I'm kind of tired of feeling around for the left and right earpiece on my ER-4Ps. This way, I'll instantly know which is which by the color of the foam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back