How long will Comply Foam tips last?
May 17, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #46 of 56
Quote:

Originally Posted by EEXO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
@Tenchi211
Maybe you can get 2 sets of them? 5 pairs of blue, 5 pairs of red.

An expensive proposition, my friend...
wink.gif
, but I guess I could do two three pair packs.

Nov 15, 2015 at 1:12 AM Post #47 of 56
i have a pair of comply tips that comes stock with my shure 215. i used small tips (inserted deeper relative to mudium tips) because i remove and insert them very often and i hate tip rolling. it still gives a very decent seal and superior (superior, i say) isolation. i usem them at least once a day, shortest session lasting around one hour, sometimes overnight. ive been doing this for roughly 6 months now, n it lasts, retained its good-as-new shape but a little speckled with particles of earwax...
anyone got a theory brhind this?

Nov 15, 2015 at 4:46 AM Post #48 of 56
I bought the 3 pack off of amazon for $15 about 6 months ago. I'm on my second pair right now, the first lasted for about 4 months with moderate usage. If you stick them straight in your ear the seal and isolation provided is a little better compared to normal earbuds, but if you roll the tips it sounds considerably better. It's a pain in the ass to roll the tips every time you want to listen to music but it's worth it. However, they do seem to wear down faster the more you roll them but for $15 a year it's not a big deal.

Nov 15, 2015 at 5:20 AM Post #50 of 56
so as long as i dont roll them, they could last as long as silicone tips, is that so? maybe its because of the deep insertion, i have no problem with the sound, its pretty much the same with that with silicon tips...

Hello,
I would appreciate if anyone could tell me how long will Shure's yellow foam tips last? I have used them on my 846 for only 2 weeks and now they become dirty already :frowning2:

my shure 215 (low end) doesnt come with yellow foam, but id say they wont last as long as black olives, as they are less dense... how do they isolate compared to black foam?

Nov 15, 2015 at 6:03 AM Post #51 of 56
so as long as i dont roll them, they could last as long as silicone tips, is that so? maybe its because of the deep insertion, i have no problem with the sound, its pretty much the same with that with silicon tips...
my shure 215 (low end) doesnt come with yellow foam, but id say they wont last as long as black olives, as they are less dense... how do they isolate compared to black foam?

I'd say the yellow foam is softer than the back one, so they give less pressure to your ear canals, and therefore more comfortable. The only worry is it won't last long(and sb. says it's uglier while I disagree :wink:)
As for SQ, I believe it reduces the bass a little bit so it won't be too punchy.

Nov 16, 2015 at 11:40 PM Post #52 of 56
They will last 3 months.
Or maybe 1 month.
Or maybe 3 weeks.
Or maybe 3 days.

It all depends on usage and your hygiene habits.

Sorry, couldn't resist...the subject title cracked me up.

Jan 15, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #53 of 56
These foam tips are just a scam by comply. Monopoly market

The company is charging way too much for them. The manufacturing cost may be $3 and they are charging $15 for these low quality foam tips.

Oct 13, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #54 of 56
These foam tips are just a scam by comply. Monopoly market

The company is charging way too much for them. The manufacturing cost may be $3 and they are charging $15 for these low quality foam tips.

Would have to agree. I'm through it with this company...I can't help but think that they've designed these things with built-in obsolescence. If memory foam lasts forever in a mattress, why does it wear out and deteriorate completely after only one month, when Comply make it?

Useless, expensive product. I've bought my last pair.

Oct 28, 2019 at 6:16 PM Post #55 of 56
Would have to agree. I'm through it with this company...I can't help but think that they've designed these things with built-in obsolescence. If memory foam lasts forever in a mattress, why does it wear out and deteriorate completely after only one month, when Comply make it?

Useless, expensive product. I've bought my last pair.
Sorry to quote a 2 year old post, but I was wondering as a new Shure 846 owner if you discovered better alternatives in the years since then. I was just about to order some comply and/or Shure Olive tips, but I’m not looking forward to paying for new tips each 3-4 weeks. At least nog when they’re expensive. Any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back