how long will a headphone last
May 21, 2007 at 5:58 AM Post #16 of 20
I haven't owned a pair of cans for over 10 years. It's amazing to know that it still functions and sounds great after 30 years.

Now comes the difficult part...... how can I justify new cans to my wife when the old ones still work fine after 30 years?......
tongue.gif

May 21, 2007 at 10:10 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by lamb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't owned a pair of cans for over 10 years. It's amazing to know that it still functions and sounds great after 30 years.

Now comes the difficult part...... how can I justify new cans to my wife when the old ones still work fine after 30 years?......
tongue.gif

This is where Bose might come in handy. Just show her all of their claims and how technology has changed so much. Not sure what you sould say when she asks why your new 'phones don't say Bose on them.

May 21, 2007 at 8:15 PM Post #19 of 20
I have several headphones far older than me, and am gathering a supply of the parts that wear out (e.g. pads and elastics) so I can keep them going for quite a while.

Jun 1, 2007 at 11:42 PM Post #20 of 20
You get what you pay for.... the cheap sony's or panasonics last probably no longer than a year.... i can't count how many pairs i've gone through...
the better headphones are build better.... and last longer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back