How long to burn in my new headphones? (HD 280 Pro)
May 25, 2007 at 4:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Mike112

New Head-Fier
After coming here for advice almost a week ago, I ended up going with the HD 280 Pro for its isolation and price (thanks to everyone who replied for helping in my decision
biggrin.gif
). I'm very happy with them so far, but after reading the burn in FAQ and just becoming aware of what burn in is, I'd like to try this to get the most out of them. I have a System of a Down CD playing through them on repeat right now.

So my question is, how long do I keep this up? The FAQ says it depends on the headphones, and looking further into it (some threads on this site and some just searching the web) it looks like some headphones require only a few hours of burn in while others require over 200 to fully burn in. Is there a site that lists specific burn in time for different headphones (including mine
tongue.gif
)? And if not, could any HD 280 Pro owners share their experience? I'd rather not leave them on to burn in longer than they need to, so again, any advice is appreciated!

Also, sorry if this has been discussed before. I tried to search function but I either missed it or I couldn't come up with what I was looking for.

May 25, 2007 at 4:50 AM Post #2 of 4
I say just go ahead and listen to them right away! If there is indeed much of a burn-in effect, you should notice it along the way. Otherwise, just leave it playing for 2 days and you should be fine.

I think I noticed burning for my Denons, though I'm not sure if some of that might be psychological though. But what the hey, burn-in won't hurt either way.

May 25, 2007 at 9:57 AM Post #4 of 4
Might want to break then in, too... try a bowling ball, Sennheiser told me (seriously, that was their recommendation).

The 280 Pro's proved to be too tight... I liked their clarity, though.

- lk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back