How long should I wait for seller to confirm the sale (Ebay)?
Jun 9, 2004 at 6:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

averydonovan

Headphoneus Supremus
A couple days ago I won a turntable on Ebay, but have not heard anything at all from the seller. This is the first time I have actually won an auction on Ebay, every other time I bought something on Ebay it was via Buy it Now, so I don't know if the procedure is a whole lot different. I've sold stuff via auctions, though, and I know I immediately recieved notice of the auction being won and I think the longest it ever took me to respond was around 3 hours to that first notice. Within a few hours after I won the auction I used Ebay's "Request total from seller" function and today I sent an email to him or her. How long should I wait for a response from this person?

Jun 9, 2004 at 6:30 PM Post #3 of 4
I haven't sent any payment yet since the auction had no set shipping charge. It said that the buyer has to pay actual shipping and the email I sent today was my second attempt to get the total amount I need to pay from him or her. This person has excellent feedback and a lot of "great communication" feedback, as well as having a few active auctions right now, so it is kind of strange that the person hasn't gotten a hold of me at all yet.

Jun 9, 2004 at 9:40 PM Post #4 of 4
Waiting at least a full week is pretty standard operating procedure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back