How long should I burn-in my HD650 ?
Jul 13, 2007 at 10:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Wiza_Gab

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I've got some Senn HD650 but I don't know how long I should burn them ?

Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 13, 2007 at 10:52 PM Post #3 of 21
Damn, that's going to be long. Because my father coming to my house tomorrow and I know he'll want to try them but I don't want to try them and I don't want him to try them before they're fully ready lol. It's my first audiophile stuff, and I want everything to be perfect^^

Jul 13, 2007 at 11:03 PM Post #4 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiza_Gab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn, that's going to be long. Because my father coming to my house tomorrow and I know he'll want to try them but I don't want to try them and I don't want him to try them before they're fully ready lol. It's my first audiophile stuff, and I want everything to be perfect^^

Stick 'em on now and stop torturing yourself
icon10.gif
Trust me , they will still sound very good. Just burn'em in while listening and enjoy

Jul 13, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #5 of 21
Yeah, no need to tease yourself while your burning them in. Give 'em a listen and enjoy them as they mature.

Jul 13, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #6 of 21
They sound good out of the box and get better with age (like a fine wine). I own two pair, one new and one used. Just enjoy them and listen to music. If you have the time or desire, you can use a pink noise track or whatever else the flavor or the month is for burning in a set of cans and let it run in the background while you are asleep or at work.

Jul 13, 2007 at 11:44 PM Post #12 of 21
In my opinion burn in is a curious process, and having paid top price for a good phones, it's something you deserve to experience.

Also, one can argue that your ears will need to adapt to the sound of your headphones to get the best out of them. I would say listening to them non-critically while burning in kills two birds with one stone.

Jul 14, 2007 at 8:17 AM Post #15 of 21
I burned in my HD650s. But listening to them out of the box and having fun with them is the way to go
smily_headphones1.gif
Just enjoy the journey your cans are going to take you on. They will eventually open up and the sound will change. Have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back