How long does it take you to put in your IEM's?
Jun 7, 2006 at 3:58 PM Post #2 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veggie_Musician
With my Um2's with either biflanges or sony ex71 tips - about 1-2sec each ear!

I had the EX70 - which is very similar to the EX71. They were very easy to put on compared to my current Ety ER6i. In fact, putting the ER6i on is not the main problem. The problem is taking them OFF in a hurry (e.g. when the phone starts ringing). On a few occassions I've yanked the cord and the earphone separated from the flange - leaving the flange still stuckin my ear!

Jun 7, 2006 at 4:04 PM Post #3 of 28
Usually one to two seconds to roll up the foamie, and half a second to insert the IEM.

Jun 7, 2006 at 4:32 PM Post #5 of 28
Over 45 seconds.

I bought some e2s in 2004 and I've only just got the left one in.

Jun 7, 2006 at 6:34 PM Post #7 of 28
It only takes a few seconds per ear to get them in, but then I play with them for hours afterwards, constantly re-adjusting, changing the angle of my jaw etc. I'm always in search of better isolation....maybe a new amp will help with that, or the new E500 (damn you Head-fi)
icon10.gif

Jun 7, 2006 at 7:04 PM Post #8 of 28
Takes me about 15-20 seconds or so with the ety triflanges. I must have small ear canals or something because it always tae a few seonds to fith thme in there snugly.

Jun 7, 2006 at 8:03 PM Post #10 of 28
10 - 30 seconds for me.

I use the Shure E4C yellow foamies. As such, you have to make sure you 'scrunch' them up real good, and hold them in your ear long enough for them to properly expand in order to get the best seal. Although I never broke out the stopwatch, I would venture a guess of 15 seconds per IEM for me. I keep telling myself that I should get custom molds done, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Jun 7, 2006 at 8:25 PM Post #11 of 28
You should look into comply tips then. They expand very quickly.

Jun 7, 2006 at 8:59 PM Post #12 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed
Over 45 seconds.

I bought some e2s in 2004 and I've only just got the left one in.

Well, you're right that 2 years is over 45 seconds
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 7, 2006 at 10:56 PM Post #15 of 28
Wow takes some of you so long to put them in!

I find with sony tips Its just a case of push n twist and cable round my ear - all of 2 seconds if Im slow - taking out is the same as using any normal earphone - yank them out!

I dont believe in putting IEMs deep in ear - you get worse sound quality. IEMs should not go not go any ferther in than putting ur ring finger in your ear.

The aim is to get seal right at begining of ear cannal - not far in. Those that own CX300 and EX71's will understand this. I even do same with biflange - I cut stem slighly under the last flange so it bearly goes in my ear.

Thread for modding Sony tips for UM2 and others http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=146173

Users who are viewing this thread

Back