How long does it take for a sprained ankle to heal?
Jul 7, 2005 at 7:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Luvya

100+ Head-Fier
It's been 1 months now. I can walk but not without some limping
frown.gif
The last time I sprained my other ankle, it took me 1 month to heal. I don't think this time is as serious as last time but it's still a bit swelling and painful.
frown.gif

My friend is telling me to go foot massage, I think I probably should take X-ray see if everything is fine.

Jul 7, 2005 at 7:07 AM Post #2 of 5
It takes about a couple of months depending on the severity of the sprain. Unfortunately, each time you sprain the ankle it is more susceptible to future sprains. So, I guess you can say that it never really fully heals.

Jul 7, 2005 at 7:57 AM Post #4 of 5
Depending on severity, my ankle sprains take 1 day to several weeks to heal, meaning that I can walk pain free and without a limp.

Once, I thought I had sprained my ankle but this one didn't heal even after two weeks. In fact, it didn't seem to be improving much with time. Even the worse ones heal up after a couple of weeks for me.

After a month, I got it x-rayed and it turned out that a tendon had become detached from a bone. There was nothing I could do but rest, as it would reattach given time.

If it's been a couple of weeks but you still have swelling and are experiencing pain, you should get it checked out.

Jul 7, 2005 at 10:44 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazper
6 weeks to walking/normal mobility, 12 weeks till it's near normal

I agree with this. That's exactly what happened to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back