How It's Made, the TV show
Apr 23, 2011 at 12:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

roadcykler

1000+ Head-Fier
I was watching the outstanding show How It's Made and they had a segment on making audio tubes. The company where they filmed was KR Audio so I checked them out on-line and holy heck are the tubes expensive. A matched pair of 300B's or 2A3's are $525.00! That's just crazy.

I really like that show and watch it any time it's on. I even suggested that they do a segment on making pool cues and it may have been a coincidence, but they eventually aired one.

Apr 24, 2011 at 1:54 AM Post #2 of 13
How it's made is indeed a cool show. I enjoy watching it every once in a while. They even did a segment on how AKGs are made:
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=3LbsQRaQD6A

What a crappy soldering job

Apr 25, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #3 of 13
Ill have to watch that tube one; havent seen that one. Have seen the AKG one, and that was pretty good. To bad they dont make the show anymore
mad.gif

Apr 25, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #5 of 13

Quote:
I was watching the outstanding show How It's Made and they had a segment on making audio tubes. The company where they filmed was KR Audio so I checked them out on-line and holy heck are the tubes expensive. A matched pair of 300B's or 2A3's are $525.00! That's just crazy.

I really like that show and watch it any time it's on. I even suggested that they do a segment on making pool cues and it may have been a coincidence, but they eventually aired one.

Anyone have a link?

Apr 25, 2011 at 9:03 PM Post #6 of 13
sorry about the link. I was posting from my ipod and i guess the link got messed up somehow.

Apr 27, 2011 at 3:49 PM Post #11 of 13
They have a show identical to it still on, called Factory Made, I think. It's easy to make fun of that kind of show, with the hokey narration and silly music that they play, but it's really soothing to watch and oftentimes very interesting to see the process.

Apr 27, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #13 of 13

Quote:
hokey narration and silly music that they play

I disagree about the narration, although the older narrator did have awkward pauses...

The music though? Really obnoxious.

Regardless, I enjoyed the show. They would have such random stuff on there sometimes (hammocks, sanitary napkins), but they made it interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back