How it's made: Headphone (AKG K702)
Apr 19, 2010 at 8:08 PM Post #19 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks to me like there made in china, watch the video again.

You mean that scene where they print "Made in Austria" onto the headphones?

2nd /wallbash

Apr 19, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #20 of 37
Well obviously they enslaved a bunch of Europeans in China just to print the "Made in Austria" designation on the headphones. They did slip up when a Chinese woman showed up on screen though. That was supposed to remain hidden, so we can keep believing in their fabrications.

/sarcasm

Not made in China, for the win.

Apr 19, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #22 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You mean that scene where they print "Made in Austria" onto the headphones?

2nd /wallbash

I was referring to the Chinese worker. Aside from that it started out as a joke, I forget how impudent you AKG guys are, must make a note to tread carefully in future sectarian AKG threads.

Apr 19, 2010 at 9:10 PM Post #23 of 37
Sorry, but the joke wasn't a particularly good or obvious one. :p Please do announce sarcasm as it's difficult to detect in text alone.

In any case, I want to make headphones now.

Apr 19, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #24 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Soaa- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, but the joke wasn't a particularly good or obvious one. :p Please do announce sarcasm as it's difficult to detect in text alone.

Well if you really think Sauron from Lord of the Rings builds headphones in Mount Doom I can see how that wouldn't be obvious.

Apr 20, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #27 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by elbuzzard /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think Sauron is more of a speaker guy.

lol, X1
icon10.gif

Apr 20, 2010 at 12:17 AM Post #30 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you mean?

I've worked in electronics manufacturing for about 12 years now in various engineering roles and I wouldn't exactly classify the Grado factory as "advanced" (more like mom and pop). The AKG looked like a very clean well controlled and advanced German (I know they're Austrian) factory.

Grado Labs, Inc.

Then click on Grado Tour at the bottom.

But, they do make amazing cans that sound incredible and I do love their retro designs. I've owned every Prestige Series headphone, the RS1 (buttonless) and now the RS1i's and I've loved all of them (except for the SR325is).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back