How it's made: AKG Headphones
Mar 18, 2010 at 2:29 AM Post #16 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I felt the video was nice, as everyone want to know more on grado labs
smily_headphones1.gif

In case you missed these:

Grado Labs, Inc.

Then select "Grado Tour" at the bottom and have a look.

The Manufacturing/Process Engineer in me cringes with these photos. I would not classify the Grado factory as Lean Manufacturing in a Six Sigma / ISO9001 environment by any means.

But as I said, I do love their classic Grado house sound as I've owned most of their models over the years.

Mar 18, 2010 at 3:28 AM Post #18 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuyDebord /img/forum/go_quote.gif
nice!

I wonder how does grado do it
wink.gif
.... I doubt they would even make the casting for the show
very_evil_smiley.gif

As long as the director doesn't scream, we are from immigration, things should be ok.. Sorry.. But the pics I seen from Grado labs look like a sweat shop.. All middle aged Mexican women, that probably get paid next to nothing..

Mar 18, 2010 at 9:15 AM Post #21 of 40
The best part is one of the ladies is wearing what looks to be a rubbish set of earbuds while working on these things
smily_headphones1.gif

But I like the Grado facility - I would be disappointed if it looked too high-tech.

Mar 18, 2010 at 9:20 AM Post #22 of 40
Wow. Makes me appreciate the design and engineering work that goes into building these headphones. Very nice video OP. I'd buy an AKG702 right now just from the video if I hadn't just spent on a Beyer DT-150.

Mar 18, 2010 at 9:31 AM Post #23 of 40
I always love this type of video. AKG obviously has a very clean and efficient setup going for them. Contrast that with the sweat shops some other brands are probably made in, and its like night and day.

Mar 18, 2010 at 2:27 PM Post #24 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsfan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I always love this type of video. AKG obviously has a very clean and efficient setup going for them. Contrast that with the sweat shops some other brands are probably made in, and its like night and day.

Can you give some examples of your sweatshops please i would like to hear them because they will be off my shopping list.

Mar 18, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #25 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenstuffs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you give some examples of your sweatshops please i would like to hear them because they will be off my shopping list.

I could, but companies tend to hide the fact that their products are made in sweatshops.

Mar 18, 2010 at 3:24 PM Post #27 of 40
;D
spotted the method to change the headband !

superb video

Akg's factory sure wow-ed me..
all the high tech machine and stuff..

and i took a look at grados tour after that.
*erm*

Mar 18, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #29 of 40
Call me crazy but I prefer how grados are made, fully mechanical just like Cuban sigars....

Mar 18, 2010 at 3:50 PM Post #30 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenstuffs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then please post some names, i would also like to know how you find out i.e. you went to the factory floor or is just pure fud.

*golf clap*

@MacedonianHero - Thanks for the link to the Grado tour. It really does seem like a nice mom and pop business compared to AKG's efficient and modern setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back