How is the V Moda M80 / M100 with rock and rap?
Feb 19, 2014 at 5:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

AgentCw

Head-Fier
How is the V Moda M80 / M100 with rock and rap?
I also have fiio e07k
Its for home use but i really cant to spent too much money, only if its very needed

Feb 20, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #3 of 8
I have the M80's, they sound great with rock to me (Fiio E09 and E07)...don't know about rap much, but from my reading of other posts on this site I'd say they'd be ok (have a search, there's probably loads of posts about this...).

Feb 20, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #4 of 8
I have the M100's and currently listening to Lil Wayne's Dedication 3 mixtape with no amp. I mean, they AREN'T Beats, so you're not going to have the extra pushed up bassline, but it's absolutely there and sounds fantastic. On some songs it's downright quaking. 

Hooked up to me Fiio e11, it turns CRAZY bassy with the boost on. No idea about the e07k but I'd wager you'd get an even better response. 

Feb 20, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #5 of 8
Rap and Rock are two genres that like rather different frequency emphasis. Sounds to me that Vmoda is better for Rap and the Sennheiser Hd25 for Rock. I haven't heard either of them, by the way, but it seems to be the general opinion that the Hd25s are in-your-face with mids while V-modas are more bass and treble-oriented.

You should just ask in the existing threads dedicated to the 'phones instead of making new threads. You're more likely to receive a useful response from people who own them.

Feb 20, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #7 of 8
Oh, and just for another option that's on discount and currently being hyped, look into the Martin Logan Mikros 90. Sonic Electronix will ship internationally.

Good lord. Marked down from $300 to $80 on Amazon? That's... less than encouraging, haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back