How is the slimx's sound quality?
May 25, 2003 at 7:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

oas

Head-Fier
Would you say its better then the competing sony's?

the dej1000/2000, ne1?

smily_headphones1.gif

May 25, 2003 at 5:00 PM Post #4 of 7
i wonder if any of the new models will sound even better.

is the new 550 the first to have a line out?

May 25, 2003 at 5:32 PM Post #5 of 7
I have a slimX its pretty damn nice, the hiss is kinda annoying and the "line-out" isnt a true line out, it just gives off a little less amplification somehow. I mean you can still adjust the volume with player

May 25, 2003 at 6:08 PM Post #6 of 7
Extremely satisfied iMP 350 user here. I've not ever noticed (and have tried to simulate) any hiss whatsoever. I can crank it, and it's nothing but clean. I don't use the line out though, cause I don't have an amp yet, but then again...I haven't had any real need for one becuase I have PP's and Senn PX 200's.

S.S.

May 26, 2003 at 2:24 AM Post #7 of 7
I just purchased slim-x 350 and I am also using with PP's and PX-200. I think the sound quality is great but weak output which I don't understand. I purposely bought the slim-x 350 because I did not want to have to get an amp and I thought the 12mW per channel was "best in class" but my lame Sony Psych goes much louder. What other criteria determine loudness? I may take the slim-x back because of the weak output. Are all the Sony's generally louder. What else is good for mainly just playing cd's? What about the Sonic Blue Rio?? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back